+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I reading this right?

Am I reading this right?

Theres this girl at the gym, cute, fresh in from Russia just 2 years, like me she is very fit, heavy accent but speaks fluent english.

We've seen each other around the gym for a while, get to talking/flirting and she's very receptive and things seem to be going well. A few days pass I see her again and ask for her number. She says she has a boyfriend. I originally thought I
    misjudged her interest level but I soon after learned yes she actually does have a boyfriend.

I said ok no problem and said "still friends?" and held out my hand and shook hers. She said ok.

I don't see her talking to any other guys at the gym. My thoughts are 1. She works out like an athlete similar to me so not motivated to stop pace of workout 2. She cute but not beautiful 3. She a new foreigner so out of her element.

The boyfriend issue was I think a circumstantial rejection and not that she wasn't interested in me. I'm pretty sure on that one.

Now I see her at the gym and theres some things I am noticing;

1. After I asked for her number the subsequent times I saw her she was a little distant but not excessively. Elevated sexual tension or oppressed because I broke her comfort zone? Now I was pretty attracted to this girl so I was disappointed
    I couldn't get her number so I gotta admit I was a little distant myself.

2. Lately she's been showing up at the gym dressed better in sexier workout outfits which she never did before. Example is one of those two piece (halter top?) workout outfits in hot pink color. I was still a little distant regardless and not openly giving that too much attention.

3. She starts showing up with her boyfiend to do workouts a lot now where she didn't do that before I asked for her number.

4. While working out with her boyfriend I see her covertly trying to look at me and when I catch her she looks away.

5. She excessively keeps breaking my personal space. Example instead of taking the shortest route to the next close workout machine she walks all the way around the long way passes in front of me and goes to the machine she could have gotten to 10x easier.

6. She seems lackluster around her boyfriend. Very serious. No jokes. No smiles, maybe one smirk in the multiple times I've seen her with him.

7. She tried to get my attention as she was walking by to say hello to me when she was with her boyfriend.

Question to the ladies; Which one is more likely?

1. She likes me (dressing more provocatively and other things listed above) and is interested but she has no other guys to talk to to catch my attention back to her so she is falling back on her boyfriend that she has only some interest in, who she finds kind of boring, to workout with her to raise her social value. She was put on the spot by me when I asked for her number to take her out and had to mention her boyfriend because she had to be a stand up honest girl. However, she wants me to proceed further.

2. She was somewhat interested but she has a boyfriend, end of story.

--------------

Also;

3. Did I unintentionally Friend Zoned her when I said "Still friends?" and shook her hand and that made her feel less validated as a woman so now she's trying to revalidate herself in the ways listed above.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Buda Bings; 19-05-13 at 04:01 AM.

you got friendzoned, if she wanted to take things further you would know by now - let it go.

She is dressing more sexy for her BF, not you. She looks over because she can feel you staring at her.....everything else is just your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She is dressing more sexy for her BF, not you. She looks over because she can feel you staring at her.....everything else is just your imagination.
    Thank for the reply.

Note - she started wearing sexy outfits when her boyfriend was not there in addition being at the gym wearing those outfits on a Friday night close to 10pm (aka date night for most), no boyfriend present.

She never went to the gym with her boyfriend Ever until after I asked for her phone number.

Also, the staring part I mentioned was her staring at me when she was with her boyfriend while I was not staring at her at all and then her averting her gaze once I glanced in her direction.

Small points but just added for clarification.

Regardless, I'm leaning in the direction of;
    2. She was somewhat interested but she has a boyfriend, end of story.
    Doesn't really matter in that once any woman says "I have boyfriend" it's a 10x effort after that to pursue, whether she 1. actually has a boyfriend or is just 2. saying she does as a soft rejection. Not worth it.

Anyway the old saying applies "better rejection than regret".
    Last edited by Buda Bings; 21-05-13 at 07:03 AM.

SOME women like the attention even if the line is "im married" they love men looking at them, they love that, it sickens me, its easier being single, **** it, be single don't give these kind of women the attention they want and just appreciate yourself,
    happened to me recently at work I went on a fire warden training course - the girl doing the course was beautiful to me, no one else noticed she was greek looking really cute nice body million dollar ahem I mean million pound smile, so after the course I emailed her we got chatting all day long we exchanged personal emails and throughout the week we both exchanged emails flirty/borderline friendly stuff.
    Then it turns out she has a boyfriend once I ask her out for food or a drink. time waster.

1. I'm leaning in the direction of attention whore.

Dude this could be your golden opportunity to find out if she would like to have something temporary. Ignore the fact she has a BF and ask her to dinner anyways. I'm sure with more flirting and showing her you find her desirable she will slip out on her BF. Start it out as an emotional affair, feeding her sexy convos, flirty text messages, meeting up for intimate convos over drinks and the like, and get her hooked. Before you know it she will be down on ya in the front seat of your car.