+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girl leading me on

girl leading me on

ill cut to the chase a girl who ive kind of seen on off but not frequently i feel is leading me on a bit. Its been 5 months since i last saw her and before then was 3 months. although to be fair were not in a relationship of any sort its just a friends with benefits thing. Se recently has been a little annoying because shes putting off meeting up. I asked her straight up a while ago do u want to see each other again and she said yes but only when ive graduated from uni and the work finishes (at the time was a bout 3 weeks), so im like thats cool, 4-5 weeks later takes us to now and after texting her to see how she is, i mentioned i had been ut a lot drinking and partying and was a little worn. I essentially used that as a test to see if she would flip that round, and wouldnt you know it she did. Her today: 'hmm yeh we should catch up, after u've recovered from the 11 party nights .'

bullshit isnt it, i know shes playing hard to get now. i do like this girl enough, i mean shes sweet, gorgeous, older. But im definitely aware that neither of us are faithful because as i mentioned earlier its a casual thing.
    i like her in the sense that she is cool to hang with aswell and i dont really wanna lose that but i feel i might need to be firm with her now and just give her like an ultimatum 'do you want to meet or not,' cause im growing tired of the texting not meeting thing.

i dont know, what approach should i take in dealing with this?

btw dont say leave it, because i wanna give it one final shot before i think about that

thanks guys

Stop playing games and grow a set. If want it straight you have to tell her straight how you feel and what you want....so stop pissin around....just ask her if she wants the same thing......pretty darn simple don't ya think?

Jamie, you're sounding like you want her to behave more as a girlfriend than the FWB she is. Mate, the whole point of FWB is that it's NO STRINGS. She doesn't have to be available and she doesn't have to justify not seeing you - and you don't need to do the same for her either.

You say you want to give it one final shot. Why? She's only a FWB. Plenty more of them out there.....

Unless you actually want her to be a girlfriend and have the expectations of a relationship??? Then it's a whole different ballgame.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

meloveulongtime Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Jamie, you're sounding like you want her to behave more as a girlfriend than the FWB she is. Mate, the whole point of FWB is that it's NO STRINGS. She doesn't have to be available and she doesn't have to justify not seeing you - and you don't need to do the same for her either.

You say you want to give it one final shot. Why? She's only a FWB. Plenty more of them out there.....

Unless you actually want her to be a girlfriend and have the expectations of a relationship??? Then it's a whole different ballgame.
    Ouch! Sounds like you hit the nail on the head.

I can tell you right off she's not interested in you. Next time don't waste so much time on a person

Quote Originally Posted by jamie2010taylor View Post
    ill cut to the chase a girl who ive kind of seen on off but not frequently i feel is leading me on a bit ... although to be fair were not in a relationship of any sort its just a friends with benefits thing.
    If it's friends with benefits, she's not leading you on. You've both been straightforward about this just being occasional sex and you're having occasional sex. It sounds like maybe you want more.

bullshit isnt it, i know shes playing hard to get now.
    But she isn't. You've 'had' her, so to speak, so she's been got. You have no obligation to one another and if she doesn't want to hook up right now, it's her choice.

i like her in the sense that she is cool to hang with as well and i dont really wanna lose that
    I'm afraid sex does sometimes just sort of screw up the 'friends' part of FWB. When you ask her to hang out, she assumes that means you just want to get laid.

Ultimatums usually don't go down well and I'd advise you not to make any. You guys have no obligation to one another, so I don't really think you have any right to be mad at her. You've contacted her several times and she keeps blowing you off. She's not that interested. Next!