+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex boyfriend ignores me

Ex boyfriend ignores me

For almost 2 months my ex has been ignoring me since the breakup, even though he has boxes of his stuff at my place and stuff like that. What does this mean? I was his first gf for everything (and I mean everything) and we were together for 2.5 years. We loved each other very deeply and the breakup wasnt a bad breakup. He hugged me twice and kissed me before leaving.

My guess is that he's either really angry with you over something.....or he's doing No Contact in order to get over you.

Do you want to get rid of the boxes or are you happy having them around?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

What do you mean, "what does this mean?"

It means you two are broken up and he doesn't give a crap about the crap he left at your house. That's what I think it means.

When you break up with someone, you're SUPPOSED to ignore the ex. It's how you heal and get to the stage of indifference to that person. Getting to the stage of indifference to him should be your goal as well... regardless if you were his first at EVERYTHING or his 21st.

Ex Boyfriend Ignores Me
    Have you been trying to contact him and not doing what you need to do to reach your goal?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I called him once because he has stuff at my place and I wanted to know if he was going to come get it. No response. But he knows that I want him to call me and talk about this because its a misunderstanding why we broke up. But he just isnt interested

No he's not interested and to top it all off, he's moving to Korea (per your other thread) so let it go, hun and start to process of healing by stop hoping and wishing. You'll be fine but you have to do the work you need to do to get to the stage of indifference to him. You haven't started any of the healing steps at all yet. Don't waste anymore time on him, thoughts of him or his stuff. Send him one more email telling him if he doesn't pick it up within the next five days, you're going to give it to charity. Then don't expect anything else.

Better still, contact his sister and tell her that and ask her to let you know when/if SHE will be picking it up.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He's done. Stop holding his stuff hostage and keeping it as a reason for him to come back. Drop it off at his sisters and be done. Give him that. Do not torture him with this. I personally have experienced this more than once. Holding his stuff hostage in attempts to keep him on a wire until you have it in you to move on is a terrible thing to do to a person you were "deeply" in love with. Let him keep his dignity.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Well, let's see....It means you two broke up? lol... It's not that hard to wrap your head around. He's not going to be shoving rainbows and kittens up your rear; he's going to need time to heal and take a breather before he gets his stuff back. Getting his stuff back just makes it more real and can be quite awkward, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    For almost 2 months my ex has been ignoring me since the breakup, even though he has boxes of his stuff at my place and stuff like that. What does this mean? I was his first gf for everything (and I mean everything) and we were together for 2.5 years. We loved each other very deeply and the breakup wasnt a bad breakup. He hugged me twice and kissed me before leaving.
    What do you want? it's over and thats the normal response to it. Perhaps you aren't over it, do you want him to be your emotional tampon or something? there's plenty of women out for him.