+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does he like me? I'm very confused....

Does he like me? I'm very confused....

Hi there, I'm a newbie but I really need some advice! I'm a 31 year old female who has abit of a thing for a 26 year old guy!

So here's the jist of my predicament I've been friends with a guy for a long, long time. We live in a small village and we commute to work together and we've been in social situations many times over the years.

We share a lot of common interests and have always had a good raport together. Anyhow at the start of the year his best friend was like "you two would make a great couple" and my friend got all embarrassed. I never thought anything of it.

Anyhow over the last little while I've come to realize I have a crush on him and I'd like to maybe try and be more than friends. People always say we'd be good together and that we have a good chemistry, even my ex would say my friend liked me because of how we used to interact.

A few weeks ago I have him my number and we started texting. He had a bereavement in his family and the night if the funeral he asked to see me but I sadly couldn't go which really hurt. We text more and I found myself getting really flustered in his company.

One night when he was drunk and a little upset he even called me because he wanted someone to talk to. Out of everyone he called he chose me! Anyhow it's really getting to me now.

Last weekend I went to text him not once, but twice to tell him my feelings but I chickened out and made up an excuse. This week I've tried to avoid him because I'm scared I've gave it away, he's been distant this week too.

I'm mad at myself becaus wi hope I haven't screwed up!

Does it sound like he likes me? I'm driving myself mad with it because I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Wow it goes right over your head. When you hear "you two would make a great couple" from a buddy of his that is an indicator that the friend is trying to help him out. Right away I would have gathered he was talking to his friend about you and said he liked you a lot. His friend probably was tired of him being too shy to make a move so he made that comment to get things rolling for him.

Your behavior as of late is devastating him so you better act fast before you lose him. Just send him a text "miss you <3"

Thanks for your reply. I just am terrible at reading people but I think maybe he does. I'm just scared to make the first move!

Just text him with that message and take it from there. You don't have to express your feelings, all you have to do is express interest.

I'd like to do that I'm just really scared of being rejected.

I guess you will live your life with "what if's" then....

Oh for ****s sake. Yes, he likes you in that way. Go for it.

Haha thanks guys. I like both your attitudes. You've given me a good insight now I'm just going to have to seize the moment!

Meet him, take up is personal space, when he talks look into his eyes with that look that I think every woman knows. And...touch touch touch...damn that sounds like fun, I think I going to make a few calls of my own now. :-)

just go for it. he defo likes you. i totally agree with smackie. his friend was dropping a hint for him. dont fear rejection.

Oh you kids are so lucky lol

Well I met him this morning on the commute to work and I dunno he seems so nervous. He was shaking his leg, then he would start babbling, then he would look at me and look away. I dunno what to make of him but I get the impression he does like me.

I just need to look for a good opportunity to tell him now.

Just ask him to go hang out with you....meet for coffee or drinks after work. You don't have to blurt it out that you like him. Just be subtle at first like flirt with him, joke around......

So I asked and he doesn't like me in that way. Gutted!

Well at least you know and you can move on now. Don't beat yourself up over it, you did good.....you took a chance!.... in my books you didn't fail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast