+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does it sound like she wants me back?

Does it sound like she wants me back?

Okay, so my gf tried to break up with me in person 2 months ago, but I talked to her and we worked it out. We were the perfect relationship, and it seemed everything was perfect, and I honestly thought I was doing everything right. when all of the sudden, 3 days ago she called me, and broke up with me saying that she doesn't want to be tied down in a relationship, wants the real college experience and isnt looking to settle down.

So I was heart broken, but I said if it makes her happy then I want her to be happy. Anyway, she messaged me a few times since, and was really upset with me for basically no reason over nothing. Yelling and cursing. I said that I was the only one willing, or wanting to still fix the relationship, and she said that wasn't true.

then today, I said "I loved all the time we spent together.... but I need some space". That way, she knows I love her and there might be a future for us, but it also shows im not desperate and it gives her time alone to rethink our entire relationship. She then posted a picture 15 minutes later with a quote saying "There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others."

Does it sound like she wants me back? I love her and honestly thought she was the one. we're both 19yrs. old in college. She talked about our future, and it was so sudden why she broke up with me. One other thing to note, she deleted almost all our pictures on facebook besides a couple, in "retaliation" to me changing my profile picture. In hindsight, I was probably too needy in the relationship, and "smothered" her. So giving her a break is perfect. She also got mad at me and said it was not true when I said I was the only person who wanted to, and still wants to fix things.

eperks, I'm sorry you are going through this.

I have to say that if the relationship was as perfect as you say, then she wouldn't have broken up with you. Truth is, while you may have found it perfect, it clearly wasn't meeting her needs.

To be honest, I can't understand why you'd want a screaming shrew who yells and curses at you for no apparent reason for a girlfriend. Give yourself a kick up the rear end and aim higher. Find someone who behaves in a respectful way and who actually WANTS to be with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

She's found someone else while she was still with you. Enjoy that she gave you the honor of leaving you, one less idiot to deal with.

Maybe she's into something that she wants to break-up with you. Find another girl that worth loving and besides your still young. Its sad to say this but move on is the best way for the two of you.

You guys are all right, I need to move on and am. I'm better than her. I guess I can't just get over the fact that she was the one who wanted to live together a month ago and was actively looking to live together, and was really pushing for it. It seems like she has a lot of internal conflict, which is HER problem and out of my hands. Time to move on, if it was meant to be, it will be. But for now, I'm just going to ignore her and do me. It's just weird that she wanted to live together so badly, but then changed her mind. she was the one pushing for that, not me.

There's no such thing as a perfect relationship in the real world. When it seems that perfect, it usually means you just haven't seen or addressed the issues that are bound to come up eventually. She seems emotionally unstable and doesn't know how to deal with these issues. She just takes things out on you instead of trying to work on solving the problems. You can't have a lasting relationship with a person like that. Just be glad you found this out about her before you moved in with her. It would have been a lot harder to break things off after that. She did you a favor by showing you her true colors when she did.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy