+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does he call me Impatient???

Why does he call me Impatient???

I met a great guy when I was on vacation and when I returned home we remained in touch. Everything was cool in the beginning. We text here and there and even talked on the phone a couple times…just taking it easy..Suddenly he shut down and didn’t contact me for a week. I checked in with him and he said he was doing fine. Another week went by and he didn’t contact me. So I asked him this time to be direct with me in what he wants because I just wanted some closure. He text me a couple days later saying to not be impatient and that we weren’t living in the same city to know our full potential. So I decided to move on. I sent him a message of gratitude and closure wishing him well and saying my last piece. I was happy and ready to move forward…He text me the following day..”Why are you being so impatient?”

Now I’m confused…What does this guy want? and WHY does he keep implying I am being “impatient”?

I suspect you were making more of this than he was. He likely felt you were trying to rush a casual thing into an actual relationship. As proved by your need for closure, sending messages of gratitude and now wanting answers. You're doing a heck of a lot of thinking over what appears to have been a holiday fling
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

hmmm...I didn't think of it that way. When you put it that way I can understand why he is implying I am being impatient.

He definitely seemed interested in the beginning but I guess you may be right maybe I was making more of this than he was...
    BUT....its confusing because each time I am trying to close this chapter with him he keeps saying I am being impatient as if I am running away.
    Last edited by nolah; 20-06-13 at 01:25 PM.

There's no chapter to close. Just stop contacting him
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

ya just forget it. It was a holiday romance-nothing more, nothing less. Long distance is a waste of time so move on

Yea, sigh, those holiday romances are so fun. Been there, get back and I'm like yea, I mean I could see us together if all we did was go out every night and drink, lay on the beach all day and have sex when we want but now I'm back to my real life and well, it was fun, good luck. Later.

Nolah,

I can't tell if you were truly impatient or not - but what I can say is that from his perspective he felt you were. So the qeustion is "why would his perspective perceive it this way?"
    The answer looks like b/c he was not interested in you. And if somebody isn't interested in you - you could contact him 1x/yr and he'll call you impatient and harrassing.

So.. just move on as you have and never mind this guy. He's not worth anymore energy from you.