+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sex and Love

Sex and Love

What comes first? Why?

Love. If you dont love someone how can you bring yourself to share such a special experience such as sex with them???

I respect that view, but i dont share it im afraid. Ive slept with people that i dont love. In fact im not 100% sure ive ever been in love, but ive certainly slept with a few people.
    So long as you're not too young i dont think that sex has to be confined to someone you love.

Sex should really be an act of love, hence another name for it is making-love, but hey, let's face it: these days love doesn't have to be anything to do with it - it can be just about pleasure. Therefore sex can come first.

On the other hand, it's always gonna feel better with someone you really love. Therefore it's nicer if love came first.

You can fall in love with someone after you've been having sex with them for months, just as you can fall in love with someone you hardly know.

Ultimately, however, it should be for you to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Emotion87
    Love. If you dont love someone how can you bring yourself to share such a special experience such as sex with them???
    Er prostitutes Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by prettycuter
    What comes first? Why?
    Love then sex If sex comes first usually love doesnt follow(unlike some people may think). You can have sex and not be in love but usually you fall in love first before you have sex with that person. Its that love that brings you two together then right?

Quote Originally Posted by jay12
    So long as you're not too young i dont think that sex has to be confined to someone you love.
    It doesnt have to be but it should be. How else are you going to express your love to someone? Its supposed to be the physical part of love and not just some activity you do when you are bored...oh well...some people just dont get that.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 26-04-05 at 03:13 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Appreciate that, but i dunno if you can fall truly in love with someone unless youve been with them for quite a while, in which case its most likely you will have slept with them already. Unless you are a very strong person or fall in love with someone your not actually with.

Sex and love are independant of each other.

Some people have sex without love.

Some people are in love and have never had sex.

Some people have both.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by jay12
    Appreciate that, but i dunno if you can fall truly in love with someone unless youve been with them for quite a while, in which case its most likely you will have slept with them already. Unless you are a very strong person or fall in love with someone your not actually with.
    To each man his own. The way I see it is..its either there at the beginning or its not there at all. I dont just believe in love at first sight...I think its the only kind of love there is. IMO offcourse.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

For me, sex is definitely an act of love. It's that special point in a relationship where you share an even deeper closeness than you did before. It's special and is a very deep sign of love and affection.

Why does sex always come after love? I disagree with that. Personally, I believe sex will eventually determine the factual love in couples. I can’t possibly love someone if the sex with him is deplorable.

True, but you also can't love somebody who's great in bed and sucks at everything else in the relationship.

Sex without any sort of feelings, to me...is so empty, which is why I'll never have unconsentual sex.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

indigosoul Guest
    I don't understand the point of this thread. Why does it have to be one before the other? Surely there is both sex-without-love & sex-with-love. And the latter comes in both flavours it sounds like... before & after depending on circumstances.