+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I boring?

Am I boring?

So I have always wondered if men think I'm boring. I'm a pretty simple person, I enjoy doing little things, I spend time reading and sometimes writing. I'm not a loud person, people might consider me quite but I'm not at all quite when I'm with people I know like friends or family. I work out but I prefer doing activities outside rather than going to the gym. I do spend a lot of time at home instead of going out to clubs or parties because its never been something I have enjoyed,mostly because I don't drink and I feel like I don't belong. I rather go out for a movie and a simple dinner. I enjoy listening to Jazz, and I'm not a big fan of loud music. I'm very opinionated and I sometimes have sarcastic humour which I know isn't for everyone. I realise i speak very calm and politely and people mistaken it for being weak or quite. Sometimes I feel like maybe I am boring?

Any suggestions on how I can be exciting?
    // Kavi

You sound a lot like me, lol.
    Well, yes, you are boring, but there's a plus side to it just as well, this might sound stupid, but you're grown up.

Why would you want to be exciting? I think that's stupid, you'd just be pressuring yourself, by putting a mask on and pretending to be someone you're not. That is lame. Be yourself, there are people out there who love to be around the real you and you don't need to be "exciting" to get someones attention.
    If anything, confident women scare off guys.

That's true. However, Im only asking how I can be exciting by being myself, still doing the things I enjoy doing. I'm not looking to change just perhaps be a little bit more fun and I don't think there's anything wrong in that.

You are right that I am grown up, and I am going to keep being me.
    // Kavi

Kavie, when you see a potential boyfriend's friends, are you comfortable in a dinner party? Or with a group at a restaurant? And if you don't like parties or clubs, would you be bothered if he went without you?

It's just that the things you don't like doing are popular with many other people. Just wondering if you'd be holding back a boyfriend from enjoying time with friends.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I would be absolutely comfortable in a dinner party with the group of friends of someone I'm dating. I think I'm very easy going and if I'm out and happened to be in a party I wouldn't mind it at all, I would laugh and have a good time not stand there as wish I wasn't there. It's just not something Im drawn to or would initiate myself. However anyone I'm dating absolutely can go to parties or clubs without me, in fact if its something he likes doing I would encourage him to go out and have a little fun, and if he really wants me to join him I will, to make him happy once in awhile. The same way how people would do the things I enjoy doing. I wouldn't hold anyone back from doing the things they love
    // Kavi

your not boring. Plenty of guys are into the same things as you, plenty dont drink and you dont need to be drunk to have a good time. I was at a wedding recently and I wasnt in the mood to drink much. I had a few but still got up dancing, had a great time..

The clubbing scene isnt for everyone and honestly your better off finding a guy who isnt into the whole clubbing scene as most are untrustworthy douche bags.

i love it when girls use their tongue when giving blowjobs, perhaps try that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavie View Post
    So I have always wondered if men think I'm boring. I'm a pretty simple person, I enjoy doing little things, I spend time reading and sometimes writing. I'm not a loud person, people might consider me quite but I'm not at all quite when I'm with people I know like friends or family. I work out but I prefer doing activities outside rather than going to the gym. I do spend a lot of time at home instead of going out to clubs or parties because its never been something I have enjoyed,mostly because I don't drink and I feel like I don't belong. I rather go out for a movie and a simple dinner. I enjoy listening to Jazz, and I'm not a big fan of loud music. I'm very opinionated and I sometimes have sarcastic humour which I know isn't for everyone. I realise i speak very calm and politely and people mistaken it for being weak or quite. Sometimes I feel like maybe I am boring?

Any suggestions on how I can be exciting?
    No, you don't sound boring to me. Do you have any passions?

F'r example, I'm a music lover and an audiophile. I spend a lot of time listening to music. I'm a bicycle nut, and I love to read. I love "watching" movies, though it's quite seldom I actually look at the screen.

You say you prefer doing outside activities to going to the gym... so what do you do? Do you do it in groups of people? Clubs and bars aren't a good place to meet potential mates anyhow... but you do need to get out and do things where you can meet like-minded people. You don't need to be exciting... just be you, in a place where you can meet other people who're like you.

You dont sound boring and to be honest most guys like that. They may get up with a loud chic but most guys dont really want to get serious with that unless their idiots in which case u dont want that no way. Im actually pretty simple despite what people think. It always surprise them. If you feel boring or you're bring looked at that way, just be more passionate about what u say and how u act..add a little wit but not over the top. U seem cool. One of my best friends is such a good girl but we get a long great.

A guy who craves constant action and wants to take you skydiving and kegstanding all the time might think you're boring.

A guy who would rather cuddle in front of a movie or romantic music might think you're a dream come true.

Different strokes, different folks.

As far as being more fun while being yourself, stay open to trying new things. Relationships don't have to get stale just because you don't enjoy getting tweaked out on adrenaline all the time, but they do get stale if all you ever wanna do is the same old shit day in and day out for the rest of your lives. You can prevent that to a degree by simply being willing to try different stuff together whether it's on dates, in the bedroom, recreational activities together, etc.

It doesn't sound to me like you're boring - you just like more intimacy then loudness. You like smaller events than big ones. Nothing wrong with that (I am this way as well).
    I think if you are asking "how do i make myself more exciting" - I'd say just trust in what you are and who you are and don't apologize for it. Be more confident about you being you without 2nd guessing yourself.

"exciting" is not always "loud". So don't try to be lik eothers that you observe as "exciting" and you not.

The most sexy thing, and exciting thing, is when a person is compeltely comfy with themselves and having a grand time without apologies to anybody else. So be that.