+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused

Confused

Hey guys,

I posted on here a while ago when I got broken up with back in January. Long story short.. I fell in love and he said he didn't and doesn't see it happening for him which absolutely crushed me, and made
    me feel like I wasn't good enough. It's the first guy I've ever really loved and been with because I never really bother with relationships usually, but for some reason this felt right. I made mistakes in the relationship such as not communicating and I've learned greatly from the situation. That's definitely one positive to come out of the experience.. I feel like I can truly empathize with people going through rough situations and I'm glad for the insight the break up gave me.

It happens that me and my ex work together although luckily not too often but regardless we've had to keep in contact so I never really got that out of sight out of mind time that most people get. Well these past couple months he started texting me a lot more often and even asked me to hang out twice. I guess you could say they're "friend outings." Well a couple days ago I actually was in his part of town and asked if he wanted to grab a drink.. And I honestly didn't think he would but surprisingly he did. Well anyway he stayed for about an hr and then left by kissing me on the cheek. Which may seem innocent enough but it just got me more confused and now I haven't really heard from him at all this past week which is unusual for how often we have been talking lately. He's just always hot and cold and I'm kind of exhausted from it all because it has been 6 months from the break up and I can't keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I just get confused because on the other hand I think if you really love someone shouldn't you never give that up? Because I haven't ever felt like this before about anyone and I'm just confused about what I should do.. I get so frustrated over this question and mad at myself for not being able to just let go like he did to me. I'm thinking maybe I should lay it all on the line about how I feel? If he still doesn't feel the same then I'll know that he's not worth it and I can stop with all this friend nonsense.

I forgot to add that I have been living my life as well. It's not like I sit around thinking about him very second but he pops in my head all the time. I go out with friends, try news things, try to keep busy, and even went on dates so I am really trying to forget him!