+ Follow This Topic

Thread: asking her if you text to much?

asking her if you text to much?

this might be stupid, but is it ok to ask your girlfriend if you are texting her enough? there's somedays where i don't text her very often and sometimes I wonder if i'm not being there enough. Is it ok to ask "am i texting you enough or do i need to more"

or is that dumb?

Between this and the post about saying goodbye, you come off like a giant, beta male weinie.

Now, I'm not advocating you become a Neanderthal, but you sound super insecure as a guy. Why are you trying to trump up garbage where it doesn't exist?

If you want to ask her about the texting, just ask her if she feels the amount of communication between you when apart is sufficient. BUT, I can tell you if a guy brings something like this up, I would think it's because he's trying to get to a deeper issue, like that he wants to communicate LESS and is floating the White House trial balloon.

Oh my, I'm surprised nobody clued you in on the rules of texting when dating. When dating, it is customary to text your girlfriend at least twice per minute beginning at 5AM and stopping at 2AM. It is also customary to become angry when she does not promptly respond to your texts (longer than 15 seconds) and to dump her sorry neglectful ass if over 1 minute. I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by billybob90 View Post
    this might be stupid, but is it ok to ask your girlfriend if you are texting her enough? there's somedays where i don't text her very often and sometimes I wonder if i'm not being there enough. Is it ok to ask "am i texting you enough or do i need to more"

or is that dumb?
    No, is okay to ask if you contact her enough, if all you try to do is text and never call her, maybe you should try calling more and textin less. I find only texts as comms sort of rude. I would much rather a phone call over a text where you can hear their voice and hear them tell you I love you and give a kiss, then read it in a text.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Quote Originally Posted by Am I crazy? View Post
    Oh my, I'm surprised nobody clued you in on the rules of texting when dating. When dating, it is customary to text your girlfriend at least twice per minute beginning at 5AM and stopping at 2AM. It is also customary to become angry when she does not promptly respond to your texts (longer than 15 seconds) and to dump her sorry neglectful ass if over 1 minute. I hope that helps.
    my favorite poster of the day