+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the sex has slowed down

the sex has slowed down

when my girl and I got together we were having a good amount of sex but now that we have gotten more serious it has slowed down. part of me is worried but the other part of me thinks since we have gotten more serious she sees this as more than just a "fun" relationship and she wants something serious to develop where we aren't just relying on sex. should i talk to her about it or just play it cool

Its sounds like she's not putting in the same effort as when she first met you, because she has what she wants. Yes I would confront her about her inconsistency, and ask for an explanation. If you dont like what you hear, then its time to "Trade up"

Talk to her if its really that big of deal.

Why has it slowed down? Is she refusing you? Or are you initiating it less?

It's pretty common for sex to slow down a bit after that inital "honeymoon phase." But in a strong, healthy, long term relationship, that phase should last anywhere from 1 to 3 years. My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half, and even though we have our days/weeks where things aren't too crazy, because we both work a lot, etc, we do still have a very passionate sex life. We are spontaneous, passionate and sometimes even freaky. Also, has she recently started taking birth control? When I went on birth control it lowered my libido a lot! I noticed and hated it, so I got off it, and things are back to normal!

how often are you having sex? and is it much less than in the beginning? how long are you together? and when did this become an issue?

if your not happy-you should speak up. she cant read your mind
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Talk to her.... how long have you guys been together?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    It's pretty common for sex to slow down a bit after that inital "honeymoon phase." But in a strong, healthy, long term relationship, that phase should last anywhere from 1 to 3 years. My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half, and even though we have our days/weeks where things aren't too crazy, because we both work a lot, etc, we do still have a very passionate sex life. We are spontaneous, passionate and sometimes even freaky. Also, has she recently started taking birth control? When I went on birth control it lowered my libido a lot! I noticed and hated it, so I got off it, and things are back to normal!

she has been on birth control before