+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I still love my ex

I still love my ex

Hi I'm new here and my boyfriend and I broke up about 3 months ago. Since then I've been hurting every single day and I just want all the pain from it to go away. I think what hurts the most is that I don't really know what happened with us. We really were great together and when we saw each other everything was always perfect but our relationship was hard sometimes because he went to a different school and was always busy with baseball. We tried to see eachother as often as we could but we went through a long period where we didn't see eachother and that was very hard for me and it always left me insecure with our relationship. We talked everyday but we didn't see eachother enough and so he called me up one night and told me he thought we should end things bc he didn't think it was fair to me. At first I didn't think it'd be this hard on me but we were so close and I miss talking to him so much. I don't really get close to that many people and when I do I'm not used to them just disappearing out of my life like that. Even though we didnt see eachother that much I felt closer to him than I had with anyone before and Id do anything to have him back in my life again. I just feel like I never really got the closure I needed to move on and it really is killing me inside. I wish I could talk to him in person so I could know what happened with us but I don't think I will get that chance. I texted him the other day for like the first time in awhile and it was the happiest I had been in awhile and it was just like our old conversations but then he told me something that I think was meant to make me jealous and I don't understand why he would do that. I don't really think he broke up with me because he didnt like me anymore I think he did like me still but he was always really hard on himself and he thought I deserved better and I wish we could have tried to make it work. Especially since its summer now we could have seen each other more. It sucks because I'm still so in love with him and I try so hard to move on but I honestly can't imagine being with anyone else. I wish he knew how much I miss him. I think if he saw me he'd realize he misses me too I just want to talk to him or at least ask him what happened to us cause I really don't understand. I don't want to text or call him and ask bc I don't want to sound like the pathetic ex gf and I think in person would just be better but I don't think I will get that chance so how am I ever supposed to move on without closure? I just want to be happy again

If you really want him back you can have him. The question is, is it worth it in the long run.

Desire can be very powerful. I'll tell you a true story about a lady. Her husband left her and disappeared from her life completely.
    But, she wanted him back so bad...every day she would put silverware at the table where he used to seat and eat as if he was going to walk in the door and sit down for dinner. I think she did that for years, and one day...he just walked in the door and came back to her.
    Last edited by toknow; 29-06-13 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi3 View Post
    Hi I'm new here and my boyfriend and I broke up about 3 months ago. Since then I've been hurting every single day and I just want all the pain from it to go away. I think what hurts the most is that I don't really know what happened with us. We really were great together and when we saw each other everything was always perfect but our relationship was hard sometimes because he went to a different school and was always busy with baseball. We tried to see eachother as often as we could but we went through a long period where we didn't see eachother and that was very hard for me and it always left me insecure with our relationship. We talked everyday but we didn't see eachother enough and so he called me up one night and told me he thought we should end things bc he didn't think it was fair to me. At first I didn't think it'd be this hard on me but we were so close and I miss talking to him so much. I don't really get close to that many people and when I do I'm not used to them just disappearing out of my life like that. Even though we didnt see eachother that much I felt closer to him than I had with anyone before and Id do anything to have him back in my life again. I just feel like I never really got the closure I needed to move on and it really is killing me inside. I wish I could talk to him in person so I could know what happened with us but I don't think I will get that chance. I texted him the other day for like the first time in awhile and it was the happiest I had been in awhile and it was just like our old conversations but then he told me something that I think was meant to make me jealous and I don't understand why he would do that. I don't really think he broke up with me because he didnt like me anymore I think he did like me still but he was always really hard on himself and he thought I deserved better and I wish we could have tried to make it work. Especially since its summer now we could have seen each other more. It sucks because I'm still so in love with him and I try so hard to move on but I honestly can't imagine being with anyone else. I wish he knew how much I miss him. I think if he saw me he'd realize he misses me too I just want to talk to him or at least ask him what happened to us cause I really don't understand. I don't want to text or call him and ask bc I don't want to sound like the pathetic ex gf and I think in person would just be better but I don't think I will get that chance so how am I ever supposed to move on without closure? I just want to be happy again
    I don't really believe in closure. I think it is a buzz word with no real meaning. But what do you really have to lose at this point except maybe a change to get back together? If you really want this guy back or you feel you need answers I say go ahead and contact him. Additionally, you give no indication that he doesn't want to talk to you which I think far lessons the risk of feeling/looking 'pathetic.' Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    If you really want him back you can have him. The question is, is it worth it in the long run.

Desire can be very powerful. I'll tell you a true story about a lady. Her husband left her and disappeared from her life completely.
    But, she wanted him back so bad...every day she would put silverware at the table where he used to seat and eat as if he was going to walk in the door and sit down for dinner. I think she did that for years, and one day...he just walked in the door and came back to her.
    Lol. There's nothing cute about that story, it's just sad all the way through. I'm not one for physical violence but I think I'd attack him with the silverware.