+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The "spark"--what is it?

The "spark"--what is it?

Has anyone ever been so attracted to someone, thought that logically he/she was pretty much a perfect fit for you, but then somehow something was just missing? Maybe you felt it when you kissed, when you looked into each others' eyes, or when you tried to... ...that magical "spark" was just not there.

I felt like this about someone who wanted to be with me. And then the one I wanted to be with felt this way about me.

I used to think falling in love was simple. If everything was right, it would just happen. But, I've only felt that "the world just melts away" kind of feeling with one person all my life and it was with someone I was completely incompatible with and couldn't see myself with in the future. Heck, the guy I thought was Mr. Perfect actually gave me NO sparks when we kissed, even though I was attracted to him in every way possible--emotionally, physically, sexually, lifestyle, values, etc...the list can go on. But there was just no feeling within me...my body didn't respond. No butterflies. No blushing. No sparks...

I know the feeling, but I don't understand it. Why does this happen? What does it mean?

you can't force the spark, or decide who you will have it with. it just happens. "you can't help who you fall in love with"
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    - Jimi Hendrix

http://inspiringlovequotes.net

It means you aren't sexually compatible. This may help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_odor_and_subconscious_human_sexual_attraction

You just have to keep looking. I've kissed people and was so aroused (sorry for the TMI) and excited but the thing that stopped me was the logic in the back of my mind saying, this guy is not the one.

I did meet a guy once, didn't even have to touch or talk, one look across the room and I felt myself melt from head to toe and when he smiled, I swear my insides felt like they were on fire. SADLY, I didn't get the chance to talk to him. Sometimes I wonder if that person could have been my "one", and the time wasn't right and I also wonder if one day, we will cross paths again when the time is right. I really hope so. I mean, it didn't take much, but I feel like if I ever meet him again, I know it will be the last time I ever look for love again. That is how sure I am.

No, nothing is ever simple, lol. Life would be boring though if it were. Did I mention this moment felt like slow motion? Man, I wish I could go back and relive it. Only time will tell.
    “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Wish for a pile of shit to turn into gold hard enough and guess what? It's still a heaping pile of shit.