+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking for your own thoughts about boyfriend's ex-girlfriend

Asking for your own thoughts about boyfriend's ex-girlfriend

My boyfriend and I talked about his ex before since I never ever met her at all. They belong to the same circle of friends in college. That's how they met. They've only been in a relationship for almost a year until they broke up. They had a bad break-up. Each had their own faults in the break-up. I didn't want to delve into too much detail about their relationship because it's the past. I guess word got out that he's in a new relationship after a few months of their break-up and she just suddenly contacted me on Facebook. I told myself I shouldn't care about his past because it was the past and shouldn't wonder about his ex but this girl was adamant about getting him back. She told me to keep the message between me and her. She was saying how she still loves him and couldn't bring herself to tell her family that they've broken up. I didn't reply to that. Then, I received another message about if only my boyfriend didn't meet me after their break-up, she would have had him back again. I didn't reply to that. Then, she messaged me again! Saying all the bad things/faults he has and how he's just keeping me hopeful and how intimate they were. I still didn't reply to that since I didn't want to create an issue with a person I never met. But, it did struck a chord in me because the things she wrote were things that I didn't want to know. I couldn't take it anymore so I told my boyfriend about her messages and he told me she has been bothering him all the time after knowing he's in a new relationship. We had a long talk about him ending all his ties with her so she'll stop bothering us. And she did. All of a sudden she just disappeared out of the picture.

It has been over half a year since the incident with her. Out of curiosity, I checked her out on Facebook and saw that she still keeps pictures of them kissing/hugging intimately. I was just wondering, shouldn't it be common courtesy that she deletes them by now since he's in a whole new relationship? They've broken up over a year ago. I don't get why she still keeps them for others to see. It just really ticks me. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. If she just didn't contact me, I wouldn't care at all but she did.

It's great that your boyfriend sorted out her being in contact with you - it shows how much you mean to him

As for her still having photos of him on her FB, there's nothing you can do about it - so you may as well just ignore it. Unfortunately, you can't push someone to move on before they are ready. Focus on what you've got now

Edited to add: I just hope your boyfriend has untagged himself from the photos
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 12-07-13 at 03:13 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks! It's kind of hard to ignore. I see her name everywhere. Her name is of a fruit which basically reminds me of her daily. lol.

"Hey Apple!". As I can't fix your problem, I will try and make you laugh.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

your boyfriend can report the images to FB and ask them to delete them. That is all he can do
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

hahaha. omg. thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurios View Post

It has been over half a year since the incident with her. Out of curiosity, I checked her out on Facebook and saw that she still keeps pictures of them kissing/hugging intimately. I was just wondering, shouldn't it be common courtesy that she deletes them by now since he's in a whole new relationship? They've broken up over a year ago. I don't get why she still keeps them for others to see. It just really ticks me. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. If she just didn't contact me, I wouldn't care at all but she did.
    I am in a new relationship and still have really old pictures of me and my ex on facebook. My boyfriend doesn't care, and neither does my ex, simply because they are memories, and they are in the past. I have pictures of me and my ex at a concert, there's no way I'm deleting those, because it was an epic night. He IS untagged in the ones of us kissing and what not, but not in some of the ones he actually still enjoys to look at. You'll have to just get over that one.