+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does he want?

What does he want?

An engineer came to my apartment, we got talking for ages and got on really well.

He kept making excuses to come and see me again (left tools behind etc). He's married, I'm single, and he's quite a lot older than me. He also asked me to go for a drink, which I did.

He didn't seem a sleazy sort and I really like him as a person. We ended up flirting a bit by text but then I told him I didn't want anymore contact because he's married.

That was a few weeks ago and now I wish I hadn't said that. Am I an idiot for wishing I hadn't? Did he just want sex from me?

I guess I'm confused and looking for outside input because I'm feeling down.
    Last edited by fedup; 20-07-13 at 09:53 PM.

You just got high from relishing in the attention. I bet money on it if you had slept with him you would have regretted it and self loathing would have set in and would have left you empty. Dear you have made the right decision to say no. You just avoided a huge emotional mess. You are down because you are lonely and when you are lonely you start to get desperate. You need to look over what is going on with YOU and why you feel this way.

Let me tell you this.....that guy picked up on your vulnerability and saw opportunity to get sex...you seemed easy prey to him. Stay away from guys like that. You need to get out more and find productive things to do with you time. Get an interest or hobby to fill the void, get friends to fix you up on dates, or at least go out to events in your area where you can find the opportunity to meet guys. Just get busy with life.

You did the right thing. He was trying to get in your pants. Guys do not pay you attention for no reason. Forget about him
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I sent him a text before I got replies here. I wish I hadn't now.

I did well/did the right thing all those weeks of no contact - smackie9: I know you're right and I knew it weeks ago. And you're right about the lonely bit.

Well, I have a feeling he won't even bother to reply, and also I'm hoping he won't, but it'll give me more of a picture of what he's really like, if he's rude enough to not even reply.

I guess it's just depressed me that the whole thing was just about getting in my pants, because we did get on extremely well.
    Last edited by fedup; 21-07-13 at 12:33 AM.

Why are you dating married men to begin with?

Knock it off.

Ya dating married men means there is no commitment to you. Even if you both get emotionally involved it is short lived and they ALWAYS go back to their wives leaving you destroyed and disillusioned.

We're not dating. But yes, I know.

Pfft @ men. This is a lesson to learn.

I can totally relate to what desire can do to you.....it sure can temporally cloud your better judgement for sure.....just chalk it up as a moment of weakness. Thank god you came back down to earth.

Thank you, Smackie, you're a darling. :-)