+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Letting go is something I was never good at..

Letting go is something I was never good at..

Currently, I'm in between letting go, and still wanting atleast some sort of sign.

Not necessarily a sign that she likes me the same way.

See, she has been distant, and IDK if it's because she feels the vibe that I like her, maybe it's my face. IDK if I have the look of someone expecting something. She seems distant and close with a another friend(talking to him like she use to with me).

We said we were friends, and I guess it was cool because I just wanted the chance to know her first. But maybe I should have been honest about me feelings. My dumbass trying to respect her boundaries. But that's what I'm suppose to do right? So ya, I've been lying to myself, saying it's cool to be friends.

But honestly, I didn't become friends to get with her. I vowed to not fall for co workers. But sometimes, there's that girl that you wish you never worked with and met somewhere else. THe fact that we work together is the main reason I didn't fully open up with her. Was she really waiting like my friend said?

Should I just open up and tell her? How? She's been distant lately, and IDK why. I want to talk to her about it and ask her if there's anything I did or said. And not in a confrontational way. Our friendship just seems so short lived, and only hung out once. I just hope for a 2nd chance. I just want to clear the air with her.

IDK if that would help me let go. IDK if that would bring her back. Women always seem to be 100% certain, especially when deserting a friend.

I haven't had someone that I can open up to and trust for a long time. Woman I was cool with before destroyed that after she used me. And I'm afraid of that happening again. And I admit that i have been withdrawn myself because I probably over-analyze this girl and she may notice that and think maybe I was fake.

She's a good friend, and there is a point in being friends because if we were not friends first, it would be easier to let go. But I don't want it to end, not like this. I feel lost and angry at myself because I feel that it's my fault, I either did, or didn't do something. IDK how I should talk to her, I really just want the oppourtinity to talk. I'm tired of texting, I'm tired of holding things in and never getting a chance. Doesn't help that our schedules have changed and I only see her once a week for a brief time.

The best thing to do is to break ties temporarily so you can heal and get your life back on track. Then you can revisit being friends. Don't worry people don't fall off the face of the earth...you will be able to find her later.

Should I do confront her about it first?

Lesson #1 never say you have feelings for them, or that you have fallen for them or you are in love. It's a turn off and you look like a wimp ass.

Lesson #2, stop with this friends crap. If you like someone, grow some balls and ask them out. If you show some confidence in yourself you increase your chances of her saying yes. If they say no you just saved yourself from getting too emotionally involved and crashing down with heartache.

Lesson #3, never invest your feelings for someone when you are not even dating them. This leads to obsessing and getting yourself into a lot of emotional problems.

Lesson #4, it is not advisable to date co-workers. When the shit hits the fan and yo breakup, you still have to see them at work. Prim example is now you see her getting close to a fellow male co-worker...how is that making you feel huh? It's a bad move and not worth it in my books.

It either A. she got tired of waiting for you to ask her out, or B. you were friend zoned, and she saw you were getting all mushy with her so she ditched you. But I'm gonna go with A on this one. IMO you missed your chance.

Quote Originally Posted by EastS1der View Post
    Should I do confront her about it first?
    You could ask her out on a date BUT since your schedules have changed, you may not be able to see each other that often because you two will be off at different times, plus you will go nuts knowing that she is buddy buddy with dude on the other shift.

It's confusing. Some people tell me open up. Some don't.
    I just want to atleast find out what went wrong.
    How can I ask if everything is cool without making thing weird?

It's a no brainer what went wrong....you didn't have the balls to ask her out so now she has moved her attention to someone else. Grow a set and ask her out.