+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will he come back?

Will he come back?

My ex (19) and I (almost 18) had an amazing relationship of almost 2 years. It was great in every aspect and we could never get enough of each other. I and everyone around us thought we didn't have any problems and that we were inseperable. We just complete each other in a very special way.
    We were supposed to do the long-distance thing from October for a year, since he's going to university (after which I would move to the same city, since my dream university is there). However, he confessed to me that he was in love (and had been kissing) with another girl which he met from LoL and broke things off with me feeling very guilty and begging me to stay close.
    For the first three days, being broken up didn't change a lot of things. We kept texting each other all the time, talking on the phone together until we fall asleep. We went out and we held hands and kissed as if nothing had changed. He told me multiple times that he still loved me, how he had made his biggest mistake and even implied that we could still be together while he's in university. I tried to ask him things like why he did what he did/what he wants from me/what he wants from her, etc. but he couldn't answer any of them and started crying and apologizing.
    On the next day I finally gathered up the courage to break all ties with him, seeing as I couldn't be the second option/an all-forgiving doormat anymore. We haven't had any contact since 10 days ago. He is now in a relationship with the other girl, who by the way is going to another country in 2 months and they're not planning on staying together
    I know he still loves me and he's sorry for what he did, etc. And I know the other girl won't be around for too long. And people say, "you never know what you have until it's gone"... so is it possible that he will come back? And if so, should I even take him back? I think if those things happened, our relationship would be to fragile for the long-distance thing, but I just can't bring myself to forget him, knowing that he might come back, knowing that a year from now we'll be in the same university and will have a chance to start new.. Could you please give me some advice?

i think you should leave your boyfriend, maybe he will turn back but you shouldn't take him back!
    at university there're too many people to know and it's very easy to fall in love with another one girl although we have a previous relationship.
    when i started university, 4 years ago, i fell in love very early although i'd been being in another relationship! i'm not proud of this but it can happen and it's not a crime or a guilt! we're young and we're understanding what we're and mainly what we want!

i'm sure that when you'll start the university will be the same for you!

You can't trust him anymore.. He cheated on you by kissing another girl... How can you trust him to be at college a ton of miles away? You can do better than this

hun you have to be strong now. he screwed up big time and it would not be fair on you to take him back. believe me when something like this happens its like breaking a vase and trying to put the broken pieces back together. its really not worth it.

your a young woman with your whole life ahead of you. never waste time on someone who is capable of hurting you this way. he cannot help how he feels but he can control his actions and the reality is he should have broke up with you before starting anything with her. he acted very selfishly and hurt you in the process more than he could have.

you have been strong so far. shes just a rebound-she means nothing so he threw everything with you away for NOTHING! he woll regret it, he will be back with his tail between his leggs begging for another chance, crying and pleading. he will make it desperately hard for you to say no so you have to be prepared and ready to make it clear to him that hr aint ever getting another chance and you need to be tough about it so he will get the message and leave you alone

time hes everything. in the long run you will be much happier without him than with him coz what he did is impossible to forgive and even harder to forget. you have to go cold turkey

your heart is strong, you will mourn every loss, you will heal and move on. love yourself enough to accept he does not deserve a second chance
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You deserve much better. Even if he comes back, you shouldn't take him back. If he can break up with you for another girl, he can do that to you again in the future. If he is really serious about you and loves you, he will never fall for another girl and break your heart. The worst thing is that he tells you that he loves you and don't want to lose you while he gets together with a new girl. What kind of person is that?! You can do so much better than him. there are so many other good guys out there. You will meet someone who loves you and just wants to be with you and you alone. Please don't get fooled by your ex. I know it hurts right now knowing that he is with someone else. But you will get over this. time will heal everything. One day, you will look back and thank him for leaving you, so you can meet the guy of your dreams Be strong! we have all been there.