+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice please... possible friendzone... but who knows...

Advice please... possible friendzone... but who knows...

I am separated but not yet divorced....
    A while ago I met a guy I really like and we have been spending a lot of time together; texting, cooking for each other etc...
    It really feels like we have both been pussy footing around each other, possibly due to the fact that I'm not actually divorced yet.
    He has also offered to look after my little boy on a number of occasions; and my little boy thinks he's wonderful.
    I was away for work in Germany for 10 days and took my little boy with me. The day before we went we all went on a big family event locally which lasted the day and then spent hours over dinner at his place. We were in regular contact while I was away and he offered to make dinner for us so I wouldn't have to cook when I got back that night after a day travelling. Dinner was just about ready when we arrived and he involved my little boy in the final preparations.
    That evening he suggested a weekend away, all 3 of us (I can't leave my little boy behind as I have no one to look after him). Today he sent me a few options to choose from and we have now booked it; we are glamping in a lovely location.
    Does anyone here think he is just being super friendly or is it possible he is interested in more in the future, even if not now until I am divorced? He is single and doesn't seem to have any close female friends.
    Am I friendzoned?

You are absolutely not friendzoned. Guys don't tend to do so much for a girl who they are not interested in. Just give him some time to make a move. And if he doesn't you make a move and let him know your feelings.

Any ideas on how I can subtley let him know that I'm interested... or does he probably know?
    I'm not very flirty or touchy feeley kind of a person until I'm actually in a relationship...

It is blatantly obvious he wants more than friendship with you. Guys do not go out of there way like this for a woman unless he really likes her. Don't be subtle, most men are a bit dim when it comes to reading signals. They just don't get it. You have to be blunt.

If on the off chance he is not interested in you it is better to know now so you don't get hurt again. Its pointless carrying on this friendship if you both want different things so it is better to know for sure so you can either start dating or go your separate ways.

If I were you, I would just tell him that you have feelings for him and you would like to date him properly if he is interested. See what he says
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

ah well....we shall see what happens at the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Well we had a lovely weekend... definitely got to know each other better so hopefully something will develop from this....