+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to say to your boyfriend?

What to say to your boyfriend?

Should we tell our boyfriends everything? are we obliged to tell them everything about our past with other guys? or is it okay to choose not to tell the biyfriend everything, like how many guys have u been with and when .. blabla.. ?

You aren't "obliged" to tell anyone anything personal if you don't want to. If your boyfriend is trying to make you feel guilty for not telling him details about your past sexual experiences, then he shouldn't be your boyfriend.

Luckily me and my bf have an understanding of not wanting to discuss our sexual past. We both just dont see what the purpose is of talking about stuff like that. We're all about eachother now :-)

Your BF beats you.

Let it go already, and seriously - figure out WHY you'd be with a guy like that. Otherwise, you'll continue to end up with abusers.

I dont just mean the sexual past. i mean anything that happened in the past with a guy. so he hasn't have to know? and it's not a big deal?

Re: What to say to your boyfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Your BF beats you.

Let it go already, and seriously - figure out WHY you'd be with a guy like that. Otherwise, you'll continue to end up with abusers.
    Im not just talking about my ex, though he always made me feel guilty about not telling him everything... But this is not the case now. Im just wondering.

Just tell him if he asks you or it is important enough for you to share. Don't lie but don't over share.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by nohope View Post
    Im not just talking about my ex, though he always made me feel guilty about not telling him everything... But this is not the case now. Im just wondering.
    What he did (manipulating you) was wrong and he is a sick person. Be glad he's your ex and make sure you figure out why you even got together with him in the first place, so that you don't make the same mistake again in the future.

Your relationship with him was not normal. Forget everything that happened with him.

Some guys may ask you how many have you been with. I dont see the issue with telling him that as ive nothing to be ashamed of and i believe in being honest with each other. Plus id prefer to know his.

Discussing details about what you did and how, whether you liked it or not etc is weird.. Most wouldnt ask you those things anyway so dont worry about it.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You don't have to reveal anything unless you want to. If a BF presses to know and doesn't let up about things, then it's time to walk away because he is too insecure and will not ever trust you.