+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girlfriend/boyfriend with a member of the opposite sex

girlfriend/boyfriend with a member of the opposite sex

Would you have any issues with your girlfriend/boyfriend hanging out with a member of the opposite sex? It being an old friend or even a new friend. Would you have issues?

It would depend on the situation. There are several mutual friends of my wife and I that I would have no trouble with my wife hanging out with... and a few that I would.

Michelle's going to jump in and vehemently disagree with me.

No HIA im not. I also think it depends. Are they gonna hang out alone together? Are you not invited? If not, why not? Have you met this friend? How close are they? What kind of activities do they share together?

I have no problem with men and women being friendly. Theres just lines that shouldnt be crossed IMO. I talk to a number of guys on a daily basis. Many work near by and stop for a chat..id consider my bfs friends, my friends, i have male friends i grew up with who i enjoy spending time with occasionally on a night out.

I just think think theres a big difference between being friendly and being too friendly.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I probably wouldn't have issues. The behaviour would have to be very suspicious before I'd be concerned.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    No HIA im not. I also think it depends. Are they gonna hang out alone together? Are you not invited? If not, why not? Have you met this friend? How close are they? What kind of activities do they share together?

I have no problem with men and women being friendly. Theres just lines that shouldnt be crossed IMO. I talk to a number of guys on a daily basis. Many work near by and stop for a chat..id consider my bfs friends, my friends, i have male friends i grew up with who i enjoy spending time with occasionally on a night out.

I just think think theres a big difference between being friendly and being too friendly.

actually i do not know if they are friends. she told me he texted her wanting to hang out. she said she replied" no i don't want to" but it made me think,

if there is trust, should there really be an issue

well my girlfriend just told me she got high with some guy

and when i asked why she wants to wait so late to meet she just said "cuz"

whatever..lol

So, do you trust her or not?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    So, do you trust her or not?
    i do but im annoyed

dont let your jealousy get you

Quote Originally Posted by neilpie View Post
    actually i do not know if they are friends. she told me he texted her wanting to hang out. she said she replied" no i don't want to" but it made me think,
    If she said no, whats the problem?

Two of my husbands closest friends are girls. As long as there's been no sign of a romantic attraction developing between them, I don't care. I also trust him to cut off the friendship and come to talk about the situation if feelings do develop.

If it was a new friend, and I was feeling uneasy for whatever reason, I'd want to meet the person. I'd expect to be included in the friendship until I knew what was going on.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

well they did hang out,her and a guy she has been friends with. they went to a burger joint and got a burger and just talked. she made a point of tellin me nothing happened

Quote Originally Posted by neilpie View Post
    she made a point of tellin me nothing happened
    Sounds dodgy. Why would she need to tell you that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast