+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance interest, but very confusing.

Long distance interest, but very confusing.

I know nobody here are mind readers, although it would be nice but maybe I'm just missing the big (or small) picture and a woman's perspective could help.

A couple months or so ago I was looking at my instagram and in case it's a new term, it's a phone app much like Facebook but you post pictures, people from everywhere follow you if they'd like, they like or comment your pictures, etc. This girl from Nebraska (I'm from New Jersey) started following me, and over a period of time would like every picture I'd post of myself, eventually started commenting on them and just recently about 3 weeks ago she gave me her number. Right off the bat she seemed interested. Was very flirty, very forward but in a pleasant way. Through conversation I learned she had been very attracted to me since she started following me on instagram and has only had one, very short term, boyfriend and seems to have self confidence issues. I think she is beautiful and make sure she knows this, in return she tells me she wants to be with me, the whole nine.

Coincidentally she has been planning a move from Nebraska to Philadelphia with two of her friends, which is an easy hassle free hour from where I live. This was great news but she was supposed to have moved already but her friends couldn't find an apartment in time so now it's possibly moved back to September. Since the bad news she hardly texts me anymore, our conversations are less frequent and more short lived. Instead of her texting me good morning each day, we talk every few days. I took notice to her self confidence issues and started texting her first. She still says the same "I can't wait to see you" and "I can't wait to be with you" stuff but this contradicts her never texting me anymore.

Still daily, if I post any picture of myself she's one, if not first to like it. She used to text me right after I'd post a picture to tell me how attractive I was, but hasn't been. As far as I know she hasn't told me her move to Philly was off but last Tuesday she said she was coming to Philly for a few days and would like it if I came to get her and spend time with her. I agreed obviously but she hasn't talked to me since then, which was 3 days ago.

I don't know if I'm over thinking this or if I'm being cynical but one thing comes to mind is she's not interested in me in all reality but enjoys acting this way? Or if she talks to other guys the same way, or if she is just really that inexperienced with relationships so she doesn't know how to treat this situation. She hasn't mentioned much about any other guys and tells me how lonely she is, so I don't know if that's the case. And by the way, she just turned 26 and I am 27. Hope I can get some advice and I apologize if this is long. Thanks.

The best advice I can give is to not set too much store in having a relationship if/when she moves near you. Stay friends with her - but in the meantime, keep dating others. If you're still single if/when she comes, then give dating a try. If you find someone else who turns into the love of your life, then you'll be happy with that person.

Oh, and don't worry about chasing her too much. It does sound very much like her infatuation with you has ended...so just see how it is when she arrives. IF she arrives.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The excitement of moving and having a boyfriend has been dampened so now she's not as interested. This shows her true colors. If she really did want a relationship, she wouldn't of changed so much. She was just going off impulse. Wait to see if she really does move and then hang out and really get to know eachother. She could be a total nutbag in person, especially since she is 26 and has never had a serious boyfriend.

I was thinking the same about the boyfriend situation, so I asked what was up. she said she basically doesn't have much in common with "cowboys and hillbillies" from where she's from. basically I can see this possible bc she's vegan and into hardcore music, and from a personal point of view she doesn't "look" like somebody many guys would go for honestly. she has a weird attraction about her which I'm attracted to.

I saw it as maybe she still isn't sure if the move is going to backfire again and doesn't want to get attached bc I felt that way about talkin to her after it got pushed back.