+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I just being paranoid?

Am I just being paranoid?

So girl whom I've been with for 3 months just this week seems not to have time for me.

We would text each other frequently during the week but the last two weeks it seems as if I do more of the texting. She has snapped at me a few times when we do see each other, over what I think are really small things. And maybe not as attentive as I remember her being.

My thoughts are that she is getting bored or maybe has another suitor.

Is it all in my mind? should i be worried that the end is near or should I just calm down? The uncertainty is starting to bother me.

Some background.

We dated a few months back for a couple of months and I kinda broke it off only to chase after her.
    She has a child.
    She has brought me around to her place during the day while her child is there, were as before it was a no no.
    She handed me a key to her place while her child's on vacation with her father. And only until the child comes back. Not that I would use it without her inviting me over.
    These last few months with her have been better that the first time we saw each other. Least to me.

Toss some thoughts out to me before I do something to really ruin this if its not already.

The ex is giving her grief possibly, and it is causing some stress.

Could be depressed about the relationship not progressing.

Just be damn honest with her. Ask her why the change in her, and that you are willing to listen to whatever she has to say. Don't need to go in there accusing her of mackin on someone new. Just be straight.

Isn't fast orange a hand cleaner?

If your concerned ask her is evrrything okay. Ask are you two still good. Communicate man. Stop speculating
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yup it's hand cleaner, and yea I could see the ex giving her grief.

Yea I know i should ask her, normally in my past relationships I was always confident on where I stood, with her it's not so much.

I'm guessing this is your first GF that has shared custody of a child. It's a whole different ball of wax because they are part of the relationship as well....kind of a package deal. It can be tough to navigate so you better communicate well with her.

You are correct sir, as a rule I would not date a woman with a child, only because I had friends when I was growing up go thru attachment issues with the guy their mom was dating. I felt horrible seeing how they sometimes felt lost.