+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give up or am I giving up too easily ....

Should I give up or am I giving up too easily ....

I had met a guy that I am keen on, however I work away for a couple of wks at a time and then am home for the same. I will be returning home in 4 weeks. When I left home we had just met and been on a couple of dates. He had disappeared and reappeared in a 2 week period saying that he had thought he wasn't ready to commit to anyone originally and when he reappeared he had said that he had missed me, however wanted to be physical which I asked him to hang in there for as its all very new.

He has said that when I am back he wants to spend quality time together but doesn't text or msg while I am away .... does this mean he is only looking for a sexual relationship ? or is this where men are different ? I would have thought if he was interested he would make contact. I made the effort today and he responded nicely but I didn't get the idea he wanted to chat too much ....

Could I have an honest guys perspective plse ... I am thinking he is not keen so I will leave it now, am I right ?

Here's my take on it going by what you've described thus far:

Yes, if he was wanting to actually get to know you and form a bond with you then he would keep in contact with you while you are away.

I would say that "quality time" to him is his way of saying that he want's to invite you to do something where sex as the next step will be easy to manage.

If I were you, until you know him better and he is showing you that he values you more then just a prospective sexual partner that you keep your meet ups to public places and that you do not go to his place or have him to yours too soon.

I think his eyes have lighted up to the fact that you'd make the perfect non-committed partner due to your only being available two weeks out of every month.

If you would like more of a relationship of the romantic kind and not just the sexual kind with him, then don't put yourself in the position for it to be only sexual. Simple! If he cares, he'll stick around and he'll court you as guys who have solid interest in you will do.

Good luck.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by KellB View Post
    .... does this mean he is only looking for a sexual relationship ?
    Is the sky blue?........yes.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Is the sky blue?........yes.
    hahha... true words in a sentence. lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Haha thanks guys .. i watched "he's just not that into u" a while back. Im laughing at your comment, its true, us woman r gifted at over analyzing... but the sky is def blue xx

I love your avatar, it's very cute.