+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend wants some time...

Girlfriend wants some time...

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I don't know if it's the right thread...
    Me and my girlfriend have been going out for a little over 9 months and she got really mad and wants some time.. For you guys to understand my situation I'll have to start from the beginning so I'll try to be brief. I just got 18 and my girl is 16. *When we actually started going out, everything was working well even though I didn't love her a lot, and as the time went by I started to get bored and than nearly two months after I cheated on her and a after few days even though she forgave me I broke up two days before our two months anniversary.. And after about two weeks we went out again and I treated her really bad and we broke up one week after that. About a month and a half went by and the two of us were living our lives but I started to miss her and we got back together for the second time and I really started loving her like crazy, and everything went well apart from some problems a quite a big problem concerning me being too close to my best friend (she is a girl).*So everything was going fine until a few days ago... We were in a café and she was playing a game on my phone when all of a sudden I got a message from the girl I cheated my gf with (she sent the message by error) my girlfriend got really angry and didn't even let me touch her or talk to her in the car.. I tried texting her but it didn't work out very well until today: she called me but while she was speaking my phone turned off and she got more mad.. She than sent me messages explaining how she felt and what she was going through (she was more angry and sad about what I did to her in the past than the message from that other girl because it reminded her all the pain she went through) So I sent a long message to say I'm sorry. She said that the message was really cute and all that but it's to early to settle things down, that she loved me and doesn't won't to put an end to the relationship but she needs some time.. I said that I'll wait for her.*Did I do the right thing? Do you guys think she will come back? And how should I act when she would talk to me again? And do you think that she is overreacting? And last of all, I feel that she has changed from the beginning of our relationship.. Before she didn't even dare fight or would have dreamed taking times to think and I didn't care about her.. What's happening.. Please help!!

Relationships between teenagers rarely last a lifetime. Both of you will be going through a lot of changes in the next few years, and it's unlikely that your relationship would survive all those changes even with the best of intentions. But you cheated on her in the past, so this relationship was probably doomed anyway. Learn what you can from this relationship to make your next relationship better.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

When someone asks for time or space, it usually means that they want to break up but lack the courage to do so. But she's slowly learning how to stand up to you and how to reject the things you've put her through.

I'd be surprised if she comes back to you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    When someone asks for time or space, it usually means that they want to break up but lack the courage to do so. But she's slowly learning how to stand up to you and how to reject the things you've put her through.

I'd be surprised if she comes back to you.
    Maybe but last time I got mad at her and said that I don't want to see her anymore she got a asthmatic attack and fainted at school... And she said that she needed time quite a few times but after a few days she came back... do you really think that she wants to break up?

Yeah I cheated on her but it's the past and I've changed quite a lot.. Is it really hard for teenagers to last a lifetime? I mean we planned to go to France together after high-school and we'll be in the same class from September

Quote Originally Posted by haza730 View Post
    Yeah I cheated on her but it's the past and I've changed quite a lot.. Is it really hard for teenagers to last a lifetime? I mean we planned to go to France together after high-school and we'll be in the same class from September
    Well you dont really have a good track record my friend. Doesnt matter....she's probably starting to realize youre not the kind of guy she wants to date. Just like you, shes changed. make sense? Good Luck

When your teenagers in love, everything tends to be a bit more dramatic! Firstly, I do not think your girl is over reacting. You admit that you treat her like shit at the beginning of your relationship, I mean you cheated on her. She has every right to feel a little upset. You need to be understanding and patient with her if you really want this relationship to work. It sounds to me like she is being quite mature about things, she has told you she still loves you, but she needs a little space to deal with her emotions. Give her the space. Reassure her that you are ready to talk when she is and that you are there for her, but will give her the time and space she needs. I totally disagree that "relationships between teenagers rarely last a lifetime," I have been with my partner for 6 years and it started in our teens. I do not think any relationship can be generalized. Only you can decide whether you want to put the effort in. I hop things work out for you, either you have a very happy relationship with this girl in the future, or you have learnt some valuable lessons, no one deserves to be treat badly and you should never cheat because you got "bored." Have the decency to end the relationship if it is not what you want!! Tut Tut

I would've broken up with you when u cheated on me. She's only 16 though so she decided to try again. She'll learn to run like hell from guys like you.

Well, you cheated and (in your words) treated her badly, on multiple occasions. Everyone has a breaking point, no matter how forgiving they may be or how much they feel loving feelings for a person. You've said a lot of nice words, but your track record proves you can't really be trusted. It doesn't matter if you say you've changed, it's your actions that make the most impact.

it is not right to cheat.. she chose to forgive you afterwards..that only means she has very strong feelings for you..if you really love her, you should try everything to make her feel loved and treat her well... prove to her that you really regret the stupid fling you had while you were in the relationship with her..show her that you will cut off contact with that gal...that is the first step to regain her trust..
    <a href="http://www.w3schools.com">Visit W3Schools.com! </a>