+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So..I tried to move on but now he wants to stay in touch!

So..I tried to move on but now he wants to stay in touch!

So i met a guy one night when I was on vacation. He was awesome and very respectful and we connected so well. I liked him a lot but only problem was we live in two different States.

At first we were keeping in touch for a few weeks but then he distanced himself and shut down with no explanation. I confronted him and he said that my expectations weren't grounded on patience.....So i apologized, wished him well, and started to move on. Month passes by and he contacts me asking "when will I come back?".....I was puzzled because I thought it was over between us....I told him I wasn't sure.....another month passes by and he checks in with me again this time saying he likes being in touch with me and when will he get to see me....Now at this point I had started to date someone (nothing to serious) and started to kind of let go of him. But he still stays on my mind and I honestly do want to see him again. I just don't want to be a fool....Are his intentions genuine? Or does he only contact me when he is bored?....Should I visit him? WHAT Should I do? I don't want to catch feelings for him again if he backs out again.

Any feedback will help
    Thanks guys!

Well being that you live so far apart, he may just want you as a casual hook up, or casual fling, like going to visit him every now and again just for a good time. Obviously this can't happen if you are dating someone, but if you're single, and you're okay with it, then I'd have some fun, keep it casual. If you think you will develop feelings for him, and in turn get hurt when he doesn't want anything "serious" then you should ignore him, stop responding to his messages, and move on.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

I have same situation, but he cares much for me and we talk everyday, he is the one who initiates conversation all the time and everyday. It've lasted for 2 months and now i decided to stop talking cause i don't want to waste my time wondering so much. It's a bit hurtful. But the sooner i finish, the less headeach .And he agreed, and respect my decision, and told that he just want a casual sex, and don't want to give me any trouble...
    So i assume your man think the same.