+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook Problems

Facebook Problems

Ok I have a petty problem.

I dread every time my girlfriend uploads a photo or puts a status on Facebook.

The reason is that every time she does her male friend that I have never met (been dating for 2 years) likes her photo or status almost instantly.

She has him listed as her brother on Facebook. A weird thing for me because not one other friend has been given "family" status. Her and this friend don't even see each other anymore.

He is also the kind of person to update his status on a daily basis "going to the gym" "feeling sad" and my girlfriend comments or likes them (usually because "family" comes up as top stories so its the first thing she sees).

Now I know my anger and dread is related to jealousy. But to be honest. Even if I met him I would still be annoyed that he seems so eager to like and comment on everything she does.

My question is not about what to do, because I cannot change someone else's actions. The question is how do I remove this anger, dread and jealousy?

Sometimes someone will tag my girlfriend in a picture where she looks beautiful. My girlfriend might ask looking for approval, "you didn't like that picture of me?" in a joking sort of way. All I want to do is say "the other guy beat me to it".

I should add that my girlfriend doesn't upload and comment constantly on Facebook. So, if for instance like today she was tagged in a bunch of photos. This guy will like them all and because she has suddenly appeared on Facebook, contact her to hang out.

My girlfriend who has a very busy schedule, will say something along the lines of "yes definitely!" then it will never happen.
    Last edited by Frustrated_boy; 11-08-13 at 03:08 PM.

I bet he's got no life and FB is his social outlet. Thing is, the busier and more popular a person is, the less time they spend online.

This guy does all these updates because he's got nothing better to do. And he probably 'likes' everyone else's photos as quickly as he does your girlfriend's photos because he wants to be popular and have friends. He's probably put her down as his 'sister' when he was bored.

She's saying "yes" to his request to catch up and then ignoring it because it's easier than telling him that she doesn't want to hang out with him. I once knew someone who I used to do that with....she'd say "Oh, we must catch up sometime" and I'd reply "Oh, yes that would be fabulous" and nothing more would ever happen because I wasn't interested in actually spending time with her.

Please think twice before you get all jealous over Mr No Friends who lives his life on FB.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

in my opinion you must to be jealous because you don't know him! maybe he falls in love with your gf or maybe not, but I'm sure that if you know him, you'll dare this situation better...
    however in two years you should have known him before because he's in your girlfriend's life and then in your! It's important to give spaces to each other, but not too many. I have never gone out with friends of my (ex) girlfriend(s) on my own, but sometimes I had to do this with her.

My best friend 'likes' every stupid thing i do on Facebook lol No big deal.

My husband's old friend does this to me on Facebook-- likes every thing I post. He is married and his wife is my "friend" too. Nobody gets jealous... we all know that he is a socially awkward dweeb, lol. Anyway I like that he likes my posts because it makes me look more popular. LOL

If she's flirting with him, then you have a right to be concerned. But if she's just posting and he's liking her posts, then you should take comfort in the fact that she has chosen to be with you and that guy is out of luck. Just a personal note: I absolutely hate Facebook.