+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I have feelings for my best friend :-/

I think I have feelings for my best friend :-/

I am a female and he is a male. We have been good friends for about 6-7 years but have been spending more time together this summer than we ever have before. We talk every single day and have been seeing each other at least a couple times a week and lately I've been spending the night at his house, sleeping in bed together and everything. We tell each other we miss and love each other all the time but we have never flirted or openly expressed any feelings more than friends for each other. I am so confused because sometimes I feel like I like him more than a friend. Sometimes I even fantasize/wish that when we are laying in bed about to go to sleep he would just wrap his arm around me and hold me... but nope no contact whatsoever. Bur then again I know I would totally freak out if he actually did that because I'm scared that if we ever did become romantic with each other we'd lose this amazing friendship that we have right now. I'm also wondering if he is secretly dealing with the same battle with feelings for me. He makes me feel special when he tells me I'm the only person he would do this and that for, but other than that he has never indicated to me that he may have feelings for me. A guy's perspective on this situation would be great.

Thank you!

I'm a girl but I also fell for my guy best friend and I confessed my feelings to him after a long time of wondering whether it was the right thing to do. We are now in a long term relationship, the best of our lives.

Tell him.

If anything else, tell him because your friendship right now isn't really friendship, since you are keeping this really huge secret from him. Tell him because of your friendship. He is your best friend, he deserves to know. What he does with that information is totally up to him.

Don't wait too long, tell him as soon as you can. You don't want to have to wonder, in 10 years, "What if I had told him?". Don't wait until he starts dating someone else, don't wait until he starts wondering what's wrong with you, just don't wait. Get it over with.

Guys opinion!? Ok! Im 27 years old, im a guy and this is what i think. This is not amazing friendship. "Amazing" friendship considering you are sleeping in same bed is not a friendship anymore, its something more. Either he is totally gay or he is in love with you but very seriously ashamed of first move.

None male person would sleep in same bed with female "friend"...no matter of situation, he would offer to sleep on ground, couch or something else. This is my opinion.

I agree, what you have is NOT friendship. Friends don't have feelings for each other (even if one-way), they aren't attracted to each other (even if one-way), they don't keep in contact every single day, they don't exchange physical contact, etc...

Just tell him you have feelings for him and ask him if he feels the same. You have absolutely nothing to lose, and lots to gain.

What are ya 12? Grow a set and tell him how you feel.

Yes, you should tell him. Better make things clear and be honest than living with the feeling of concealing something, something really important.

some of the best & lasting relationships start with a good friendship. let him know and see where it goes from there.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake