+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Becoming angrier and angrier

We planned a lunch date, then the day before, she said she had to cancel because something had come up. Haven't been able to get in touch with her since.

Then forget about her, is that the one you were going to have sex with in your intimate thread? Move on from that one, imo.
    Can't your family or friends fix you up with someone you'd like, they know you best and would probably pick a good match over any dating site .
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Yeah, that was the woman. As for friends and family, don't have any family, nor any close friends to set me up, so that's not really an option.

Ugh. So that girl I've had a thing for said something tonight that added on to my anger and frustration. I don't think she meant any harm by it, as it was just a few of us kind of teasing each other about stuff, but we were sort of joking around about the idea of getting mugged/ attacked, and she said to me "Oh please, like you would ever protect me". Like I said, I know we were all just joking around, but I took a lot of offense to that. I mean, obviously I've never been an aggressive person, and I've never once been in a "fight", or anything like that (although, admittedly, I'd probably get my ass kicked pretty badly if it ever did happen), but that's so unfair to just assume that about me. Based off of what? Just because I'm a small reserved non-intimidating guy, that means I'd be a wuss? Granted, I've never had an opportunity to demonstrate it (thankfully...), but if me taking an ass beating for someone I cared about was a necessity, I'd do it.

This goes back to that whole "sexually driven" thing. Because I can't be a "big strong masculine protector", I'm not attractive. What a joke...

Ever considered a life coach? Sounds sucky, but you obviously can't attract a partner for some reason. It could be your attitude, your conversational style, the way you dress - a number of things. It's impossible for us to tell you what it is that you're doing wrong because we can't interact with you or see you.

You need some outside help; if you're not getting something you want, then the onus is on you to change something in order to improve your chances.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TablesandChairs View Post
    Ever considered a life coach? Sounds sucky, but you obviously can't attract a partner for some reason. It could be your attitude, your conversational style, the way you dress - a number of things. It's impossible for us to tell you what it is that you're doing wrong because we can't interact with you or see you.
    In my day, this is what *friends* were for. LOL. I find it sad that people need to pay someone for this kind of help.

But mbe its not a bad thing if you don't have good friends who you can trust to tell it to you straight.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You say your hobbies are pretty nerdy, that's all good, everybody has their interests. These nerdy hobbies can severely hinder your chances with women though.

I play a lot of games and I find that I could sometimes spend too much time disconnected from the real world which severely harms my ability to make small talk, which is important. Very few girls want to hear about the world of Eorzea or about magic the gathering!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12