+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Men, how do you feel about having a women as a close friend w/o history?

Men, how do you feel about having a women as a close friend w/o history?

Alright for information reasons, I am a women. I grew up around all guys and older brothers and was treated like one of them. Up until I got my looks I guess. I have a lot of guy friends and many that have no personal history with me. It took me a while to accept being looked at differently and some times I need to remember that although I act like one of the guys, it can be construed differently by guys because I am a women. Over the years, there have been some close guy friends that after years, decided they wanted a more personal relationship. My question is, have you ever had a women friend who you have been close with but not in a relationship and how healthy was your friendship?
    [/COLOR]

I do have close women friends that I am just friends with and will not have a physical relationship with. The relationships are healthy.. I do not look at them in a sexual way, and would do for them as I would do for my male friends. the fact they are women does play a part... in that I do treat them a little differently in their relationships and with the guys they are with. I guess in that way I may be a little more protective, but it is in no way misconstrued as attraction.

Most importantly they know where I stand... and thats what matters. In order for it to work.. honest to goodness work, as a guy, you have to know in your heart that despite how much you may like the person, that a relationship, even a physical one, is something that won't lead anywhere.

Most men think about temporary satisfaction... if they stopped to think about if the relationship had legs and not about whats between those legs... it would be much easier for men and women to be friends.

Yes, lots but these are not full of themselves chicks who think all guys want to bang them because they look a certain way, they are down to earth girls who know what it is to be a friend.
    Treated no differently in talks or time spent with than another male friend and they don't want special treatment or want to be mooned over--I'd never be friends with a female who expected their male friends to flirt with them and always compliment them, annoying.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.