+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I don't say ''I love you'' before the man says it

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Where is Searock and the Upright Pseudo-Feminist Brigade to protest the double standards present in this thread?
    I only just read this thread, out of boredom, the title didn't make me curious.

Yes, it is sexist to say that men are emotionally stronger than women. Seems like we all agree for a change. Oh and there's nothing pseudo about my feminism .

OP, I'm sorry you base your behavior in relationships on the poor example you had growing up, i.e. your parents' relationship. It sounds like he was emotionally abusive and she was submissive, as others have said. Not all relationships are like that and most of all, you don't have to be like either of your parents. You can be your own person, that acts in a way that has nothing to do with either your mother's or your father's behavior.

I'm glad that you acknowledge that your personal choice of not saying "I love you" first is due to your personal history and insecurity, and not justifiable by the excuse that "men can handle emotional rejection better than women".
    Last edited by searock; 14-09-13 at 07:58 AM.

it depends on the guy, if hes an AFC, BETA etc he will probably die of emotional damage LOL

If you are dealing with a Don Juan - He wont give a crap who say's first.

I think there's a need for some cuntrol here!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I think there's a need for some cuntrol here!
    lol

i think people wait to hear i love you first because they are scared to give themselves to another because of the fear of being rejected and not loved back.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJR View Post
    it depends on the guy, if hes an AFC, BETA etc he will probably die of emotional damage LOL

If you are dealing with a Don Juan - He wont give a crap who say's first.
    WTF are you talking about... those are inexistent "categories" invented by PUA losers to feel better about their useless lives and tiny brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    lol

i think people wait to hear i love you first because they are scared to give themselves to another because of the fear of being rejected and not loved back.
    .. and I think that those who don't say it first are clueless about the action word "love." Its very easy to say it first when you consider his/her actions towards you are showing you that she/he loves you to. Sex isn't love so keep that out of the "action" he/she is showing you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You're acting out of fear and insecurity, which isn't a strength. Also, your need for control, which may come off as coldness or emotional unavailability, is only going to end up hurting you in the long term. Relationships aren't about control or who has what power over the other...once it becomes about that, then you're doomed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123