+ Follow This Topic

Thread: some advice please...

some advice please...

so I met this girl in the program I am in and from day one I thought she was very attractive. We ended up being in the same group so we have all classes together. I made the move to sit beside her and we started talking and it ends up that we are from the same country. Now we sit together in all of the classes and we chat and laugh sometimes. I really like this girl and I'm not sure if she feels the same way which I have a feeling she does. She texts me often asking me questions about the course or homework.. I don't know if that's a way of her to talk to me or she really just need help haha..she also got a tutor for one of the courses and asked me if I wanted to come so I said yea and last night she asked me if I was going to the gym early and she said yea and I asked her why and she said because there is a class she wants to go to but shes afraid shes not going to make it to class in time and she wants to work out.. so I said maybe we can go for a jog and she said yes she likes the idea. I don't know if I should ask her out because im scared shes going to say no and think im weird and then it'll be awkward from there on. Sometime we're sitting in class and the professor gives us a 5-10 minute break and we barely talk and it feels weird.. Is that a bad sign? Im scared that if she says yes and we go out the day might be awkward but I really really like this girl so please give me some advice
    thank you

Sounds like she's interested. Ask her out. She will most likely say yes. Then I give it about 3 months before she dumps you for being too clingy.

Why do you say that ?

I think you should ask her out, you have nothing to lose. Awkwardness arises when one or both persons don't feel entirely comfortable. You don't feel comfortable because you are way too worried about what she thinks of you, whether she likes you, what you should say, etc... stop overthinking and just live in the moment, you won't be uncomfortable anymore and the awkwardness will go away. You aren't inferior to this girl, you don't have to be afraid of her or her judgment of you.

You couldn't have put it better. Thank you!

You sound insecure, I'm not sure why..probably because of her beauty. I think you've done a good job of not showing this so far, but I still think you are obsessing, and you don't want to do that. You are worried and scared, and if you do start dating her, that worry and fear will then be focused on keeping her and being perfect. You'll probably want to spend every waking moment with her, and make her your entire life. I doubt she'll want that. I don't actually know anything though, I just talk outta my ass.

Just ask her out.

I guess I'm just worried that when she says yes to going out it and when we're actually on the date it might get awkward and I don't want that..

It won't be awkward if you keep calm and don't obsess over what to say and what she'll think of you etc etc... just have fun, be spontaneous and if she doesn't like you, who cares? There are many other girls out there :-).

yea youre right. thank you