+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this relationship over?

Is this relationship over?

My boyfriend invited me to his friend’s birthday party last Saturday. I was really nervous because I didn’t know anyone, so I drank too much beer to quickly and I got really drunk. I walked out into the parking lot by myself and I threw up on the pavement. My boyfriend came outside to keep me company and I just started acting like a drunken fool. I asked him if he loved me (we have been dating for 6 months) and he said, “No, I don’t. I have some feelings, but they’re complicated”. This made me very emotional and I started crying and acting kinda nuts. We sat in my car and talked until 11pm. He didn’t even go inside to hang out with his friends. We got a hotel room that night (we’re in a long distance relationship and he lives with his parents, so every time we see each other, we get a room). We had sex that night and the following morning. It seemed like we had made up. However, I drove home on Sunday and he has not contacted me at all this week (which is unusual, because we talk every day, usually). I tried calling him twice last night after work and he did not answer my calls. He also did not call me back, which is what he usually does after he misses my calls. I sent him this message on facebook today and he read it but he did not respond to it:

“I tried calling you and it seems that you have been ignoring my calls. I’m sure you have a reason for doing that. I couldn’t give a sincere enough apology for my drunken behavior on Saturday. I’m also sorry that I put you on the spot by asking you about love, ect. I would not have asked that question or said most of what I said if I were sober. If you don’t love me, that’s okay. The truth is, I do have genuine feelings for you, even though I have tried to stay guarded around you to avoid getting hurt. A lot of things aren’t easy for me when I’m under so much stress all the time. I’m sorry for letting that complicate our relationship. I know that it did. I realize that I need to find healthy ways to manage my stress and I am going to do that.”

We are still “friends” on facebook and “in a relationship” on facebook. I’m wondering what’s going on.

I wouldn't even bother contacting him anymore. After all, if he really felt that bad about it, then why did he have sex with you right after your drunken behavior? You need to ask him that. I would say, I thought we was past all that considering thar we got it in. He was all in your face when it came to that. I would flip it around on him by telling him how I felt about his current bitchy behavior and then say you used me. Which is true because at this point he doesn't like your behavior and was turned off by it and he thought, i'll fck her but that's it. Communication is key and the way he is handling it is shady. Call him out on it but don't keep reaching out to this shady guy.
    Last edited by Starnique; 20-09-13 at 10:04 AM.

I went thru a similar situation. I got drunk one night and showed my ass and the guy was mad at me but he kept fcking with me that night and then he start acting shady. It was almost like he was giving me mixed messages. Then when we did talk, he said wtf, you think it's all about you and you get wasted and act crazy. I was like whatever. Fck you. Don't call me. I gave my apology. Do whatever you want to do with it. That's the kind of person I am. This guy gave you mixed messages but now that you see what it is by acting like a pussy and ignoring you instead of saying what's on his mind, then don't bother with him.

This is the message that I sent him this morning:

I’m seeing that you’re reading these messages that I’m sending you and you’re not responding. If there is one thing that I have learned from you, it’s that communication is the right way to handle things rather than avoiding a situation. When we talked Saturday night, you said something like, “If I didn’t care about this relationship, I wouldn’t be here. I am willing to put in effort, pay attention and work through things with you. If this doesn’t work out, I hope that we could at least stay friends”. If you really meant that, please talk to me. You said that you’re my friend, you have feelings for me, and you care about me. The last time that we saw each other, we had sex, we kissed in the morning before I left and things didn’t seem as bad as they apparently are. If you need space, fine. If you just want nothing more to do with me, fine. I will respect your wishes. It would be nice if we could at least talk to each other for closure. The ball is in your court and I won’t try to contact you again. If you want to talk, you have my number and you know how to reach me.

I didn't want to accuse him of anything or write about my feelings (if he doesn't care about my feelings, why bother telling him). He ignored this message and he did not read it. I won't contact him again and I deleted his number from my phone. I'm just going to ride this out and see what happens.