+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have long term doubts, regularly.

I have long term doubts, regularly.

Anybody else look at there relationship as it is, and your "content".
    Not happy, not depressed, nothing but "okay" with it.

I feel like a lot of the time, I don't wanna be tied down. Sometimes, I feel like I still have a lot of finding myself to do in my life.
    but I genuinely, care about my lover. I wanna see her do well, but... a lot of the time, I don't feel like I can be there for her.

I really don't feel like, I incorporate her into my future plans.. ever..
    I imagine this first house I buy someday, and I don't see her living in it.

I literally feel like my relationship, is a habit.
    and when I leave, I really don't know what to do with all of the time, so I sit around and think..
    and I get depressed, and I cave in, when deep down I know if I gave myself that time, I would heal rather fast..

the strange part is though. I do love her. I just... sometimes I wish I woulda got my shit 100% together before I made a commitment to another human being.

Anybody else?

You shouldn't be in a long-term relationship with a person you don't include in your plans about your long-term future.

Break up with her and figure out what you need to figure out. Once you've done that, if you still want to be with her, you can try to get back together with her.

No I don't think that. I don't want to waste my time, or my lovers time

I know its strange. I feel like, I just am not focused on the relationship. I love her but... the relationship is legit boring.
    I always have to tell her not to text me all day, she dosent ever wanna do anything or go out, she has no friends so she clings to me a little to hard.

Id be so much more attracted to her if she would gain a little bit of independence, I go to school, work, manage friends and family and her and she dosent understand that.
    She wants to constantly check up on me, check up on what im doing on "facebook" or "instagram" or whatever it may be.

Everytime I go out, she ruins my night with her paranoia, because im not texting her.
    I keep a tight group of friends, and since she never wants to do anything, I still like to go out.
    So an example, is I had a breakdown one night (a friend passed, and an incident with my alcoholic dad) and my friends had my back.
    and I made a status, telling my friends I love them, and a bunch of people said they loved me to and she freaked out because 2 of them were girls (my bestfriends girlfriends)

Its just mad unattractive, I feel like I can change these little things about her, she always says "it takes times" and "im working on it" but I just don't see the results im looking for and it gives me doubts.

If you want permission to end things, you have mine.

Thing is, dating isn't about trying to fix a relationship which isn't working. Instead, it's about finding the person who is right for you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.