+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I just be friends with him?

Should I just be friends with him?

I think I have already made a decision though. It's this guy I like and I know the feeling is mutual(to what degree? Idk I'm not him so I can't answer that) , but we haven't gone on a first date yet and it's been either three or two months put together since we started talking. I mean granted we are both in school and he is taking 22 credits right now plus he doesn't have money. He is also dealing with his family and trying to get into Harvard because they did send him a letter basically saying they were interested in him. He says that once he gets his financial aide refund check of course things would be different and we can actually go on a date. I am trying to respect his schedule like I don't text him ten times a day if anything it's once a day asking how he is. Sometimes I get a response and sometimes I do not. I am thinking that I need to just be friends with this guy because right now wasn't the time for us. In his case I feel like he is sort of stringing me a long and I don't like that feeling. He is sweet whenever we are in person together, but those moments are rare because I hardly ever see him now.

Does this sound reasonable of me or am I just being a brat?

He told you why he has no interest in starting a relationship....he has other priorities, and that's pretty straight forward. That's his choice, but you don't have to live with it nor is he holding a gun to your head to stick around.., you can go date someone else, that can be your choice.

So what is your decision? Just curious.....

My choice is just to remain friends with him and not hope for anything more.

It's just me thinking but if a guy really liked you, you would think he wouldn't care if he didn't have money but would just want to enjoy your company and go out for a nice walk together, or sit for a coffee date, etc.

I don't see the point of being "friends" if he isn't even available for that.

Smackie has a point: Why be friends if he has no time for a friendship?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He's not interested. If I wanted a woman, money or not money I'd do something to make it happen. And I'd make sure I'd have time if it was important. You're clearly not important to him otherwise he'd have got off his ass and done something.