+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I ask her if something's wrong?

Should I ask her if something's wrong?

Got a hold of this girl through an online dating website. We texted, had great convo and it led to a date. More good news, the date went very well. We continue to text and she tells me she's thinking about getting rid of her cat for me because I'm allergic and she told me I'm "amazing". Well out of the blue (recently) she stopped texting so enthusiastically. We had plans to hang out tonight but when I texted her after she got off work I got no reply...Still no reply. This upsets me. Did she find out something about my past? Did she reach a sudden epiphany of "You know what, turns out I think that guys a real dip s%^&". I'm actually kind of mad about this. I work, as my time is valuable to me and had I know she was going to cop out I would of DID something tonight other than sit around at home. That being said I'd genuinely still like to be with her. Should I ask her if somethings wrong with me? I have a bad feeling about doing so because in my mind it would come across as needy or clingy. Yet another part of me feels like just ignoring her the next time she tries to talk to me.. Which is why I'm looking for advice.

Nathoonder, what's the timeline for all this happening? It sounds like it's possibly a lot of rash comments made during a whirlwind couple of dates- but I don't want to assume. How many actual dates have you had? If she changed her mind and decided to keep the cat, would it be a deal breaker for you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Wait a few days to text her. If you text her back so soon yes she's gonna think your needy and clingy. I'd say wait about a week, and if she doesnt text you at all during that time then just play it off like nothings wrong. If she's still distant or whatever then hint at it but don't flat out say why don't you like me? I understand that you value your time but it's very possible she might have gotten stuck at work, she's tired, she's really busy, maybe she didn't get the texts at all. There's plenty of things that could've happened, so don't read too much into it too quick.(: And unless she knows pretty much everything about you then I highly doubt she had an epiphany or found out something from your past that you didn't already tell her, but if this happened as quick as it sounds like it did, then I don't find it likely that she would've changed so quick. So keep that in mind. Like I said just give it three days to a week or so then text her. Good luck!

Oh also coming from a girl myself, sometime we just don't wanna talk to anyone, nothing personal we just need space sometimes that's all!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have to be honest, a girl that goes on one date with you and then starts talking about getting rid of her pet for you sounds like a real flake. It doesn't surprise me that she's being unresponsive, and I'm sure it has little to do with you.

Seriously, the cat thing is weird. I would NEVER give up my pet for a guy.....especially not one I barely knew. She has some issues. Non-committal issues.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree with summer. If this was said after a few dates, it's a rather weird thing to say. The spark might've turned into a fire that burnt down too quickly. Just wait a bit and don't even think of asking her what's wrong with you, it does come off as super needy. Text or call her casually after a few days and you'll see how she acts.