+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I text again or Not

Should I text again or Not

Hi I am new to this forum...I have been trying internet dating on and off for about a year with limited success. I have recently met a person whom I like, we met for the first time a week ago after chatting quite intensely for about 10 days. We met on Monday had a really good night...carried on texting the following day again quite intensely after a bit of hinting we went out again that night, had another brilliant night felt more relaxed. We arranged to meet again on Friday...texting carried on through Wed/Thur...and we ended up meeting on Thurs night as well as going out for the day. Then on Friday eve the text from her seem to become slower...and so did Saturday...although she did text a couple of times saying not to worry and we would meet again soon. Today I have had no texts at all...I sent the last one last night....so am a bit confused to what is happening...should I text with a normal "how are you type text" text with a "can't understand what's happening type text" or just wait until she text's me. I really like this girl and she seemed to like me.....don't want to crowd her if she need some think time...but would also like to know what is happening....

Thank you for your help....hope you are having a good Sunday..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you call her instead of texting? You might get more of a clue as to her mental state if you hear her voice...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hah wasn't available for Friday and Saturday? she was out on other dates. No one needs space if they are totally into you....if they need space, then it's not what you thought it was.

That was the feeling I was getting...if you click then you click and want to be with each other.....she did make a mistake when we were initially messaging saying "can't wait to meet up on Friday" then quickly corrected to "I mean Monday!!!" mmmm something to think about....

You can try again but keep it positive. A "Can't understand what's going on" text comes across as needy & clingy. Only send it if you never want to hear from her again.

I also agree that calling is better. Texting is about the worst form of communication. It should be reserved for "I'm running late" "pls get milk" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dolomite68 View Post
    That was the feeling I was getting...if you click then you click and want to be with each other.....she did make a mistake when we were initially messaging saying "can't wait to meet up on Friday" then quickly corrected to "I mean Monday!!!" mmmm something to think about....
    Duh it's a no brainer.

Poeple always save the best dates for the weekend, and anyone of lesser importance are reserved for Monday, Tuesday......

Well maybe...the Monday date was due to circumstance rather than choice...we would have met earlier if it had have been possible....but as it turns out you are probably right...which is ok...I wish people just had the guts to be honest and say "Thanks but No thanks"....although if you do that as I have done in the past inevitably you get a barrage of abuse just for being honest....you can never win in this game.. oh well start all over again...

I did try to call but no answer and then sent a positive text and no answer...so can only draw one conclusion...

Thanks for all your comments....

Well maybe...the Monday date was due to circumstance rather than choice...we would have met earlier if it had have been possible....but as it turns out you are probably right...which is ok...I wish people just had the guts to be honest and say "Thanks but No thanks"....although if you do that as I have done in the past inevitably you get a barrage of abuse just for being honest....you can never win in this game.. oh well start all over again...

I did try to call but no answer and then sent a positive text and no answer...so can only draw one conclusion...

Thanks for all your comments....
    you may be coming across as a little intense and needy for what is a very new potential relationship,if you are going to text try to keep it light-hearted,fun and warm and don't stress if theres no immediate response,hard i know but try being a bit more laid-back about the whole thing

You are right...it is very hard though and I should know better at my age.....text I sent was positive and not heavy....it is hard however to understand the change from constant immediate responses to as it is now turning out to be a day...the last text was saying that we would see each other soon...it does all seem a bit odd to me...

You are right...it is very hard though and I should know better at my age.....text I sent was positive and not heavy....it is hard however to understand the change from constant immediate responses to as it is now turning out to be a day...the last text was saying that we would see each other soon...it does all seem a bit odd to me...
    as i said very early days so shes p[ossibly been a little scared off by the first night and days intense txt ping pong,its good to like someone but don't get too carried away until you've met discovered if theres chemistry between you etc sounds like the last text she sent was positive so be happy with that and respond in kind

Yes possibly and I did think that might be the case....can't help getting a bit paranoid though a speciality of mine!!! Will just have to be patient and see what happens.

Maybe she's just playing the field and wants to date other people for now.

I think that's a possibility.... I do think she was out on Friday night and maybe over the weekend hence the lack of contact....will just have to wait and see....

Thanks for all you comments...it has helped

Had no text's from her yesterday....after I sent her one last night...but did have a text this morning as if all was fine just saying "hope you have a good day ".....even more confused now.....do she want to see me or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast