+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quick opinion needed, does my exGF care about me or hate me?

Quick opinion needed, does my exGF care about me or hate me?

Summary: Broken up for a year, it was a 4,5 year relationship. I broke up with her because she seemed interested in someone else. Wanter her back, she didn't want to. She has ignored me ever since.

So we ran into each other a while back. She actually initiates and says I can 'talk to her'. She sounded irritated, asif she thought I had seen her but then dissed her?!
    I thought her sudden attention was a bit weird after her having ignored me for so long without an apology, so I said no thank you.

I wondered about why she left the store without buying anything, so I emailed her:
    "You left the store without buying anything"

So I realize I might have been a bit harsh and apologized to her:
    "I realize my reaction might have been a bit harsh. There's a small chance you were hurt by this. And that wasn't my intention of course, it was just an instinctive reaction. I am still wondering why you wanted to talk, you seemed irritated"

Also decided to apologize in person. She seemed angry'ish, didn't look at me, didn't even say 'bye' when I did.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So two weeks later I bump into her and decide to talk, thinking all is OK now. She tries to ignore me, but when I said 'hi'
    she said ' seriously, GO away'.

Now I am just really confused about why she contacted me in the first place.
    Did I hurt her feelings and did she not forgive me?
    Or is she just not interested even though she did initiate a conversation?
    Last edited by darkfoxjj; 14-10-13 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Making it more readable

I think she's confused. She wants to be mature & have friendly interactions with an EX but she's really not ready for that.

If you see her again, say Hi & move on quickly. Don't expect more than that for at least another 2 years.

Does anyone think she still has feelings for me?

hmm bit odd this one, sounds like she did possibly want to strike up a bit of a friendship with you again whether that be just friendship or maybe more, you seemed to have reacted a bit coldly probably from surprise or the uncomfortable situation you were in, she may have taken that coldness as a bit of a rejection after she held out the olive branch, don't blame you for feeling confused, doubt she hates you though, you've not done enough wrong for that

She is probably conflicted and wants to be friends with you, but really isn't ready. Give her space for a while still

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Dude if someone else were to write a post similar to yours what would you tell them?

I dont think your ex hates you I just think she's moved on and feels uncomfortable around you (nothing personal). Also, dont apologize for being honest about your feelings just becareful what you ask for, you might get it... sorry

Heh... wow.

Ok, you broke up with her because you thought she was interested in someone else. You made a decision for her that wasn't yours to make. This tells me that you're controlling and insecure. That shit gets old fast. She was uninterested in getting back together, because it was a relief to get away from the pressure of it all from you.

When she ran into you and said "It's ok to talk to me", she was making an assumption about your behavior due to your track history. You say it wasn't, so I'll take your word for it. However, you replied "No thank you", which to her confirmed that you were ignoring her.

When you pointed out to her that she left without buying anything, you made it obvious that you knew she'd run out to get away from you.

Now on to your "apology". In it, you justified your actions with lame excuses of 'instinct' and then reflected the blame back on her. At best it was a weak apology.

I'd say there's pretty much a 100% chance she's done with you. Time for you to move on. Try to learn from your mistakes.

I think that you should move on with this one for two reasons. She left you. It appears has told you to leave her alone. You apologized to her but yet did not really know what you did wrong.
    I highly recommend to move on and let her go