+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Brain dumping, but some advice would be nice... Ex bf kissed me...

Brain dumping, but some advice would be nice... Ex bf kissed me...

Ok, so I met the younger brother of my best friend back in June, we instantly hit it off, despite a large age gap (8 yrs). A few months of flirting and goofing off together, we started dating. Now this was a very.... light relationship... for starters, neither of us believe in sex before marriage, AND we knew going into the relationship that it wouldn't last long as we are both moving to new cities come the end of the year. Whatever, we enjoyed each others company and were having fun. Just over a month in, he broke up with me. He was uncomfortable dating, knowing we were gonna break up in a few months, I knew this was coming, and it was no big deal. We remained friends, we still see each other almost every day (I had got him a job at my place of work), and since I'm still really good friends with his brothers we still end up hanging out and all watching movies together quite often. The last few times he has dropped me off I've noticed his hug goodbye's were lingering. [in our area everyone gets hugs & cheek kisses hello/goodbye] Today he gave me a super extra long hug at work, (away from prying eyes), the kind of hug where you just get to forget about the world and just escape. Anyway, when dropping me off at home, he grabbed my arm as I went to leave the car and dropped a kiss on me. Nothing major, but still...
    Yah, so I'm a bit in the air right now, don't know what to do, don't know what he wants to do, dont know what I want to do. Why is he kissing me? HE broke up, he was the one who didn't want the relationship, only the friendship. He is still leaving in about a month, and I'm still uncertain as to where I'll be living...

and on a slightly related note, I WAS gonna try to snag a Christmas invite from his family (i have no family in the country and am quite close to his entire familiy). Figured since we had a SHORT, non-drama relationship and were still friends it wouldn't be awkward. Now... I'm not so sure. If this is going on is there anyway to make that work? I dunno.

Anyway, some thoughts would be nice, even if it is just 'stop being an idiot & over analyzing things'

Sounds like u are very confused.. Can't tell if u are hurt or not .. If u still have feelings, I would tell him u don't want affection because it confuses you. But if you still feel "light" about the relationship and don't get hurt from his affection and being around him, then just enjoy yourself