+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm in college and need some serious advice/help...

By confusing, I mean, there are many gray areas, things I've read and heard, friendzone, differing opinions/suggestions, making moves, etc. Should I even be worrying about this? There's just so much controversy over things like that, that it just confuses me and makes me ponder and worry more about it. Like I'm doing something wrong or failed to do something correctly... You know?

You should "try" to find somebody to have a relationship with in the sense that you keep your eyes & options open. If you are attracted to a girl, talk to her & work your way up to asking for a date. On the date it's OK to hold her hand or put your arm around her. Work your way up to kissing.

If you are doing something wrong most women will let you know, even if its not with words.

Nobody has all the answers at 19. Give yourself a break. Have some fun. It's college .

Thank you so much. I'm happy all you guys tried to help me out in all this confusion. I also think I made the mistake of jumping the gun with the girl I had problems with at first. Like, I was blinded by the fact that I was new, and having new experiences and seeing things differently, than actually paying attention to the chemistry. For example, I went out with that other girl I went to the movies with today for dinner. (Italian food) But, I don't know if I "feel" it. You know? Like the connection, it was kind of awkward (not sure if that's normal) And technically we didn't say it was a date, but it sure felt like one. We just talked and learned about each other, trying to hold a conversation, but I don't know if I feel it. Now that I know what to do, I just have to use that knowledge correctly. Like, just because I know the signals, calling for dates, and all that other jazz, I shouldn't forget the main point of it all, and that's finding someone you could talk hours with and not even realize that much time has gone by. Someone really really special to you, then that's when dates escalate into something more, when you realize that "vibe", you know? At least that's what I'm starting to think about more and realize. Trying to see if there's a vibe with a girl to move to something more, or at least attempt to move into something more. Maybe you guys can still give me some thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Jimlin000; 10-11-13 at 03:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12