+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Letting go...

Letting go...

It's been almost a year now since my ex-boyfriend broke up with me. To give you an idea on how it went on, he broke up with me through online instant messaging. His reason was he does not see me with him 10 years from now. Ouch! I know it hurts to read that on instant messaging more so if I heard it as well. I remember I called him for the last time and wanted answers. I was in denial and wanted to mend things out. He hanged up on me for the first time and that hit me like a brick. I was hurt. It was the end of the line for us. Either way it was a total shocked to know that after we had been together for four years and built a life together at that period he would dare to say that and do that. The unfair part as well, he called it off on my last semester in university. I was so worried that I would not be able to graduate after the stress he put me into. I cried, questioned where I went wrong and was in denial for a couple of months. I was a mess. I reflected and got the support I needed from my family and friends. I was able to graduate.

He never called or messaged back and so did I. We did not have that closure. It was a bitter break up because he did not have the guts to tell me in person.

Part of me is saying, some things are better left unsaid, however, there is also a part of me that wants closure. I want to hear it from him in person but I am still not ready to face him. I just do not want to see him. My reason for this is that he is probably with someone now and I do not want to know the unknown. Plus, his life since we broke up, I have no part of it and so does he in my life. That is why, it is better to left situations like this untouched and buried.

The feeling that I hate the most is when I can not have both worlds that I wanted. It is the reality that is why life is never boring. I am happy that I finished school and got the profession I wanted, however, I failed in love. This year has been a roller coaster ride. It is true that time heals a broken heart, however, a scar will remain as a reminder. I want to date again but I feel I might hurt the person that I will be dating because I know I still think of my past relationship at times.

Respectful advices for this person who is in the process of letting go would be helpful.
    Last edited by Sophia Lola; 13-11-13 at 04:41 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/getting-closure-on-closure-we-cannot-always-get-all-of-the-answers/
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

The best way to forget your old love is to find new one....

It hurts. But you just have to continue. You're not the only person this happened to. I guess it was long distance so that is certainly a strain. If it wasn't long distance then he is certainly an ass to break up with yo online then in person. Either way, forget and continue. Find someone or something else to enjoy.

Thank you for the advice RipVanWinkleX! You are right. It was long distance like we were 2 hours away by plane. Long distance never works.

I'm on it! Thanks, Jessica27