+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he lying to me or am I being paranoid?

Is he lying to me or am I being paranoid?

I keep thinking the guy I'm dating is lying to me but then there are times where I think I am being paranoid.

So on 10/26 I got this guys number. We met on 10/24 through a mutual friend in school. We went on two dates, everything was perfect to me. But the day after our second date I stop receiving text messages from him. The Wednesday after our second date I decided to call him, and it went great. I thought he was ignoring me and vise versa. But that Friday, I got messages from him during class and I thought everything was fixed. After class, however I stopped getting them again and it caused us to miss each other when we were supposed to meet. Calling didn't work either till I reset my network settings.

This past Wednesday ( 11/20) I got through to him while calling and we talked for an hour. Friday 11/22 I got his text messages and met him in the library at school. But that night after we left he said he would call me around 11pm. I tried once it became 11:05pm but the phone said "nyho1 the mobile number you have reached is no longer in service". But I did get a call from him, but he used his brothers phone. He told me there is something wrong with his phone. I also noticed that he called me yesterday morning using his brothers phone. After we left he told me if he calls me it will be with his brothers phone unless his gets fixed. But he hasn't called me since we departed yesterday after 10am.

Am I being paranoid? I thought he was lying to me but then he made an effort and used his brothers phone to text me. I really like this guy and don't want to mess things up so quickly but I feel like I'm being paranoid that he didn't call me since I saw him yesterday. He knows his phone is broken as he told me but I don't know how to stop feeling like that. I haven't been in any relationship since 2010 so yeah I'm like new to them again.

Hes not that into you. Stop making so much effort. Hes supposed to do most the chasing and he will if he likes you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

The thing is, before he had this problem with his cellphone, he would text me every night. I want to text him and call him myself but since I know it's broken I'm kind of afraid to call the number he called me with because it's his brothers number and that's awkward. Plus he's busy today at work (he told me he was working today and doesn't get out till 11pm)

I really think I'm being paranoid. I call him and that message pops up instead of a dial tone. Plus he also gave the idea of using email to contact each other too.

I don't think he would of kissed me either if he didn't like me or ask if I got home safe over the phone o.O
    Last edited by xowinterbabyxo; 25-11-13 at 04:36 PM.

His "Brothers phone" is his phone that he didn't want to give you the number to.

Hi Friend,

Give some more time to it. I wouldn't say you are getting paranoid, but yes, you are getting too manipulative. Its just been a month since you guys met. Feelings, emotions take their course of time to develop completely. Couple of more meetings, hang-outs etc and then you will be in a position to judge better. Atleast, you guys have not stopped communicating. It has just decreased owing to network and broken phone, whatever. Try to trust the person at first place before thinking negatively or taking any step further.

Wait for a week or two more, understand how things are developing and where this relationship/friendship is going. Post us the advancements and then we will be able to advice you better. Okay ?
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

Thanks! Your right, I mean yesterday was one month since I actually met him.

I'll try not to let it bother me, I do trust him and he is a good person, he has a good heart. I just hope he can get his phobe problems fixed soon though

Goodness, next time he calls you, tell him to please call you because you don't feel comfortable calling his brother's telephone. Make it clear to him that you enjoy his calls and then let it go. If he doesn't call you after that then stop obsessing and expecting things. This is a very new dating situation and you're already all a tither about him. Not Good!

Remember: You are the prize and if he wants to be with you, he will make the effort. If he doesn't make the effort then to hell with him, there are certainly lots more who will. You give yourself to him too willingingly and without him showing you that he cares as much as you do.. Not Good!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion