+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about bringing up the death of a best friend I was in love with

Quote Originally Posted by glitter_bug View Post
    Sorry about your best friend randomguy85.

I lost my boyfriend in a fatal car accident. He was the most giving and respectful person, didn't have a cruel bone in his body. I'll never have that with anyone else.

If this new girl can't respect what you say and oversteps the boundary in any way, she's not worth it.
    She's a sweet girl and seems to be respectful.
    Sorry for your loss as well. We never think that it's our friends/SO's that are gonna die young, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Death/the passing of someone close, is a sensitive subject. If she doesn't ask too much about it, she is doing it out of respect and doesn't want to pry because it's too personal. She will probably let you tell her more when you feel more comfortable doing so.

Me personally find it way too early to bring up something this personal. I met a guy years ago that I really liked and was considering dating him until he started talking about real personal emotional things that happened to him growing up......it turned me off. It ended promptly.....
    I'll keep that in mind. I don't wanna get serious too quick. I don't want to scare off the first girl I've had feelings for in 3 years...haha

Gonna be able to see her this weekend.
    If this weekend goes well, as well as next weekend(won't see her), I'm gonna invite her to one of my families Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe...depends on if she's going North to her parents, which is not likely.

So I have a question. Want to make sure I'm not overthinking this.
    This girl was never a fast reply type of girl to text messages.
    A lot of times she actually takes a long time to text back, but they are usually positive responses.
    I initiate most of the time. I pretty much told her friend, that introduced us(I've known her friend pretty much all my life, graduated high school with her), that I'm losing interest in her. I feel like I'm doing most of the work. It's pretty much over.
    Not worth it for me.
    She asked if she didn't respond to my text
    I said it's been 3 hours.
    She(the mutual friend) said that she(girl I'm talking to) always take a long time to respond.

I'm starting to get bad vibe from this girl and don't want to overthink it.

Is it a good idea to just call her in a little while if she doesn't text back, or just ignore her until she texts.

I would go by the rule of waiting a few days and trying again, but I'm only here until Monday and then I'm gone again for 2 weeks. I might be in town next weekend but don't know yet.

The reason I hate to just let her go is because this is the first time I've had legit feelings for a girl since my best friend died. Sucks. I was wanting to see her tonight but I guess I'll invite her out dinner tomorrow night or something.
    Last edited by randomguy85; 16-11-13 at 04:30 PM.

This current girl in your life should accept the fact that all this happened before she came on the scene, a healthy relationship requires an acceptance of one another's pasts.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss & how you both felt for one another, very bitter sweet. That said, you should open your heart out to other girls (ie the one in question), it is possible for you to fall in love again. Best of luck

Why get all worked up over it. You said she doesn't seem so keen on you, so treat her with the same level of interest. Or just end it like you've been contemplating if she's not meeting your needs. Is she busy or do you think she's just keeping you at a distance?

Wait until longer into your relationship and then share your loss with her. It should bring you closer, not apart.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Why get all worked up over it. You said she doesn't seem so keen on you, so treat her with the same level of interest. Or just end it like you've been contemplating if she's not meeting your needs. Is she busy or do you think she's just keeping you at a distance?
    Forgot about this.
    I actually just stopped texting her. She didn't seem to have enough interest in me at that point. May have just been a rebound guy or whatever.
    I'm back to just doing what I do. Meeting girls and doing the dirty. Not worth a relationship at this point in time. Maybe she'll get re-interested or not. I don't even care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12