+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious to hear your opinions

If we take a more general, social look at relationships, then it'll probably look like there are more bastards/bitches around than ever before. The divorce rate is high, people treat relationships as disposable and are always looking to 'trade up' because we're taught to aspire for better and to want more. The moment things aren't going well, there's talk of breaking up...or there's cheating.

I was with my first partner for ages...and a lot of my friends would moan that he was too nice, too 'fatherly' and not enough of a go-getter. Meanwhile, they were dating asshole after asshole ..it was their choice, though. It wasn't that they couldn't find nicer guys...it's that something about the arrogance/cockiness appealed to them. So, it can also come down to who you attract and what you're attracted to.

I agree with dick and table.

I only keep decent people in my life, so I don't really know any nasty people.

In the world outside my sphere of friends and family, it's my opinion that the crappy people far outweigh the decent ones. As in the ratio isn't even close.

Also, I disagree with the poster who said people are mostly good. When you boil human beings down, I think they're selfish, inconsiderate, and not particularly other-directed. I believe there are basically equal numbers of jerky men and jerky women as well.

That has always been why I'm attracted to so few females. It usually doesn't have anything to do with looks, career, money, or what kind of clothes she has on, it's that, exactly like men, most women just suck, and aren't worth spending 5 minutes around.

The upside to this is that I'm truly happy to be around my friends and family, all of whom I consider good people.

I just basically ignore everybody else.

Lol these really wernt the replies i was expecting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Lol these really wernt the replies i was expecting.

It's an interesting thread! Fascinating to see how people view the world.

Ya ive always felt you gotta be so careful and protect yourself. Take your time, suss someone out, dont be too quick to trust. I thought it was just me and thought ive anxiety which i do but it seems im normal after all

"Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    I agree with dick and table.

I only keep decent people in my life, so I don't really know any nasty people.

In the world outside my sphere of friends and family, it's my opinion that the crappy people far outweigh the decent ones. As in the ratio isn't even close.

Also, I disagree with the poster who said people are mostly good. When you boil human beings down, I think they're selfish, inconsiderate, and not particularly other-directed. I believe there are basically equal numbers of jerky men and jerky women as well.

That has always been why I'm attracted to so few females. It usually doesn't have anything to do with looks, career, money, or what kind of clothes she has on, it's that, exactly like men, most women just suck, and aren't worth spending 5 minutes around.

The upside to this is that I'm truly happy to be around my friends and family, all of whom I consider good people.

I just basically ignore everybody else.
    Like I said, good old Dr. Cox had it right...

"People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling." LOL!

It is a shame, honestly. There does seem to be a lot more jerks in the world than there are good people. It can be hard to find the people worth having in your life sometimes. But, Hell, when you do it makes them so much more worth it. I'm lucky enough to have some good people in my life, and part of that is because I've been through so much crap that I just don't tolerate a-holes. They are not worth my time. People like that already turned me into a cold, unfeeling shell of myself during one dark period of my life. I got myself out of that. I never want to go back there again. I have to admit, sometimes it is hard. Sometimes it feels like it would be easier just to go back there. I struggle with it a lot. But, the good people in my life make life worth living. And, I hope some day to find my true soulmate, and she will make it all truly worthwhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12