+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My cousin knows I like her....

My cousin knows I like her....

Ok ill make this short and somewhat interesting...quick backstory were both 20 and before this year havent seen each other in awhile. I saw her in May and thanksgiving week. were not biological cousins.

In May we reconnected and had fun but it wasnt until after she left i got a simple crush on her, took a few weeks to get through with it.

she was here the past week and had "an amazing time" with me. most of the week it was all family type stuff and she seemed down kinda. but the past day and a half we spent almost every moment together. i found out that she broke up with her girlfriend (she Bi) so she was feeling sad.
    But on friday we showed each other a good time and tried some things (non sexual) and my crush aside it was an amazing day. I dont think I ever saw her smile and laugh that much. I'm usually pretty reserved but i opened up alot and she said she likes me like that. I didnt sense any serious flirting but we gave each other more compliments and stuff like that. Lastly we talked ALOt about our lives.

heres where things get funny, the night before she left i texted her basically saying "i feel closer to you and want to see her more" that morning i asked if she read it and she smiled and said shell make it possible.
    that night. i basically texted "hey i feel this in a cousin way but your one of the most beautiful/strongest girls i know and would like be somehow/somewhere be in your life".. later i called her and asked if she read it and she said she will....she said "idk what to say to that".. and she hasnt texted back yet (honestly shes a strange texter sometimes so..)

I just feel like i might have ruined this, or maybe she thinks nothing weird of it, yet again i did say i felt that in a cousin way. now my plan is to go up to her area (400 miles) and visit some other family and surprise her, she hasnt been with a guy in a while and i doubt someone has done anything as sweet for her as drive 400 miles (i never did that solo) but im not here to talk about that.

all in all if she thinks it weird that im going up, ill say im just visiting other family before 2014, if she thinks its sweet and is happy to see me ill take it from there.

life is short, dont regret anything.. tell me your advice/opinions.

Her reaction is, she is staying in the bounds of being family. She already didn't give you a positive response because she is in shock at what your intentions are. Get the hint, she doesn't feel a romantic connection with you. Surprising her is not a good thing, you are over steping your boundaries. Yes you have probably ruined what would have been a nice friendship. I believe she has made it clear with her silence that she doesn't want what you are asking for.

If you think you are being tricky by saying "cousin way" but you are not, she saw right through that.

Oh dear lord - don't drive to see her!!! It's a romantic thing to do if you're in a relationship with someone, but she's given you no indication that she's interested. You'll come across like a stalker.

we go back quite awhile, i dont want to never see all of them. if this plays out like your implying than this is one of the worst things ive done!

how would it be like that were cousins oh my god this hurts