+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why white guys never approach me?

Me personally I'm mixed race (from the carribean; white/black/hispanic), but I look more like a tan white guy. I love exotic women and my high school crush and later GF was arabic (from Iran if I remember correctly).

I think those guys maybe just afraid to approach you because of the differing culture. From the way you describe yourself you sound very attractive. I think you just need to put yourself out there more and start talking to people.

On another note good luck with law school...I got my JD and passed the bar about 5 years ago, difficult but so worth it.

Thank you everyone who replied. I could post my picture but I am not sure of the consequences.
    Last edited by Sumaia; 08-12-13 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeze_guy View Post
    As a white guy this is probably going to be the lamest answer ever. I have been with one brown girl in my life she had to approach me, She was absolutely beautiful and I felt intimidated, I kind of always do I don't know what it is I can speak to any girl put a gorgeous brown girl in front of me and I sound like I have a mouth full of food.

Sorry for the no help haha
    This is true. I've experienced this with other races (I'm a brown girl of some sort) and I've always felt like some gus do seem intimidated and they really have no reason because a lot of brown girls of any sort are really nice, despite what you heard or got the impression of.
    Last edited by Starnique; 13-12-13 at 04:42 AM.

There are no other races, only minor variations within the same race.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumaia View Post
    Hi guys!

So, I am this Saudi Arabian girl who moved to the US for school. I have been here for about 2 years now. I attend college -graduate school. I just turned 24. I am going to finish school soon, I am doing a law degree right now.

I am attracted to good-looking and smart white guys. He doesn't have to be channing-tatum kind of good looking, but average good looking. You know what I mean, and there are plenty of them.

Anyway, those white guys that I am attracted to never approach me! They just look at me and when I look at them, they turn their heads away very fast. Also, I noticed that when I talk with them for class stuff they don't make eye contact.

I am not ugly, I know I am attractive. I am very fit, tan skin, black hair, black big eyes. I speak perfect English- with a slight foreign accent. I wear brands and take care of my looks. I also wear nice perfumes and very little makeup (maybe I eyeliner and mascara mostly) I am not gorgeous, but I am good looking. The problem is that only black and Hispanic guys flirt with me. Never white guys! White guys only flirt with me when they are drunk at a bar of a nightclub, and I don't go there often because I don't like theses places so much. Hispanic and black guys seem very confident around me and they make eye contact and flirt with me at the library or at the hallways -in school etc. But never white guys. Actually, sometimes I feel like white guys are avoiding me. Like for example, they would keep it very short when they talk to me for something regarding school or something.

What is up with white guys? Do I have to approach them myself?

And if you are thinking that I wear hijab or something, no I don't wear it. I wear western clothing, and people assume I am from Spain all the time.

Any advice? Is there something wrong with me?! Is it a cultural thing? Like would they be afraid of my culture and religion and that sort of thing?

Dear Sumaia,
    Nothing wrong per say with you but hey, word to the wise; you need not wear brand names to attract and if you seem caught up in the superficial, many men (regardless of background or race) just won't be turned on by one who 'seems' wrapped up in material stuff or slightly full of themselves....

Could be some men are intimidated by you and the fact that most of them are white is simply coincidence.

Your young, attending University and busy setting a foundation for your future.
    Why close the doors. If you seem superficial, you'll attract the superficial. Try a T shirt and jeans. Know what and who you are without the damn brand names and fancy perfumes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123