+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attempt to end a 4 year long friendzone relationship xmas gift + poem

Attempt to end a 4 year long friendzone relationship xmas gift + poem

I'm 18, she's 17. I've known her for a little over four years. We know each other very well. We have been very very close friends for these four years, but never even kissed. We often go to the movies etc etc etc.
    Here's my plan.
    I buy an expensive diamond necklace
    I wrap it together with a nice handwritten plain card. On the card it says something like merry xmas and happy new year. I have loved u for 4 years. (I don't want it to exceed 6 lines)
    I put it in her mail or something early christmas morning (as I'm going to work at 5 am - 1 pm)
    On the wrapped gift it says nothing else than *her name*

She opens it, finds a necklace and reads the note and falls in love.

Now what should this note say? It must be short and deep, but not a poem. End with *my name* so that she won't know it's me until it's all been read.
    I'm trying to come up with something with about the same format as Natalie's christmas card in Love Actually.
    Dear David
    Merry Christmas, and I hope you have a very happy New Year.
    I’m very sorry about the thing that happened. It was a very odd moment, and I feel like a prize idiot.
    Particularly because, if you can’t say it at Christmas, when can you, eh? I’m actually yours, with love.
    Your Natalie

Big mistake. HUGE mistake. First up, you can't buy love with jewellery. Second, if your gift is finically extravagant, she'll feel very awkward...especially if she does not feel the same about you.

A bunch of flowers from you would be more than adequate and there's no need for a surprise card. I know cards like this are sweet in movies, but movies are make-believe.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Cruisin for a Bruisin there buddy

Who knows....you may get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by bi a op View Post
    Let me know how this works out, I have a diamond necklace and letter I copied from a movie to send to Jennifer Lawrence if this is as easy as you make it sound.

But realistically, take out all the cliché BS and just tell her how you feel. Remember, you're never truly friends if someone is in love with the other one.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Is this a serious post?

Dude save your money and stop hanging out with this girl....you are 18 and should be going out with girls....one of them that actually says that she is in love with you and is giving you regular sex, is the one that deserves that diamond necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by bi a op View Post

No what actually happens is that she is shocked, feels very guilty and offers to give it back. Then says I only love you as a friend...then starts to ignore you because things got too awkward.

What you should do is move in for a kiss....if you want to show her how you feel you are the one that needs to make the move. Giving an expensive gift is a cowards way, and girls are totally turned off by such actions. If you don't have the confidence, then you won't have any kind of chance.....4 damn years and nothing? This is why your chances are slim to none.

A man with a working set of hormones would have moved in for a kiss at least 3.5 years ago. You blew it and you seriously think a present and some sort of lovey dovey bullshite poem will work? Pussy.

Forget your stupid plan. Its ridiculous. Just tell the girl you really like her. Dont f**king tell her you love her-you dont do that unless you have been in a relationship with her for awhile. It doesnt matter how long you know her or how much you think you love her-you dont. Ive done the whole going from friends to couple thing and its completely different territory. As friends you could get on like a house on fire-as bf/gf-you may feel like setting his f**king house on fire.. lol

anyway just tell her you like her. See what she says. If she says shes not interested then please let this friendship go or you will never get over her
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I hate to say it... but teenage girls keep male friends (who they know fancy them) as pets.

Just tell her you like her if you want to know. It happened to me a few times in school that the guys told me they had feelings for me. They were never requited, but I think they felt better having it out in teh open.

One guy got me a silver Zippo engraved with our names. It didnt make me love him...

Thanks. I'll do a refund

I'm glad you took the advice that was given to you and decided to go for a refund on the necklace :-).

You should definitely let her know that you like her "that way" though. Go for a kiss as others have suggested, or if you're too shy for that you can text her something like "I know this may sound crazy but I think I have a crush on you". Just don't talk about feelings or love or any of that stuff, just say you have a crush and would love to go on an actual date with her.

BTW - if she tells you that he only sees you as a friend, it doesn't mean that she doesn't want to date you because you are friends. It means that she isn't attracted to you, but she still enjoys your company as a friend. They are very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by violet11 View Post
    One guy got me a silver Zippo engraved with our names. It didnt make me love him...
    Surely it must have at last got him a blow job?

If you are going to all that effort why wouldn't you hand it to her yourself and see her reaction, are you too scared to know how she initially reacts?
    Too much, too dramatic especially if she isn't feeling what you are feeling you might ruin a good friendship of 4 yrs with awkwardness after.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Surely it must have at last got him a blow job?
    It got him a hug... I'm cheap like that :p

No, she didn't feel that way. Should I just stop hanging out with her? Would that be a dick move? Like michelle23 said, I will never get over her if I keep hanging out with her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast