+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it possible for a girl NOT to know i like her?

Is it possible for a girl NOT to know i like her?

To all the kind females out there i want your opinion

Here is the situation more or less, i met a girl some years younger than me. I she was very friendly towards me and since girls are not just friendly at least most of the times (she would hug me and touch me and compliment me, and so did i) and i thought she liked me so i start flirting with her. When i asked what kind of boys did she liked she did not mention that she had a boyfriend, instead she showed me a picture of a guy she liked 2 years ago. Then while we were still flirting (or so i thought) i saw her with a guy, not kissing or anything just hugging out, and then she referred to him as "some dude" and they met just to give her some school notes. Then i asked her out, telling her that i would like her to go out with me just the two of us (i was very clear on that) and i even "forgot" by "mistake" something in her back so i had the chance to text her and remind her about the "date" and she agreed, BUT after we went out and had a decent conversation she didnt seem to know what was going on, so i asked her if she new the reason why i asked her out, and she replied "no" and then i told her i liked her, her first reaction was: "why? are you blind?" and the second reaction was to tell me that she already have a boyfriend...

My question is: did she knew i liked her all along and she just lead me, or was she honest and she did not know what my intentions were first place?

How old is she? If she is very young, it's possible that she actually thought you were just asking to hang out as friends. Especially if there's a big age difference between the two of you.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    How old is she? If she is very young, it's possible that she actually thought you were just asking to hang out as friends. Especially if there's a big age difference between the two of you.
    well the truth is that she is 17 and i am 4-5 years older. I know she might just see me as her older brother or a very very good friend or something, but on the other hand, wasn't it like she was "hiding" her bf?

No, she wasn't hiding anything... she genuinely misinterpreted your interest in her. It's understandable at such a young age. What are you doing hitting on teenagers anyway? There are plenty of girls your own age.

I know, and i wouldn't make a move if i was not sure she was the one who started hitting on me in the first place! It was not a sexual attraction at all (am i clear on that) we just have so many in common! and it was half platonic attraction... but I guess i misinterpreted her actions as well...