+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he makes me feel so down :(

he makes me feel so down :(

ive been with my partner for 2 years now, in the begining ive never ever felt such love and happyness, i liked to go out clubbing with my friends alot and he made it quite clear he wasnt into clubbing and thats somethin we would never do together, i accepted it and after 3 months spending all my spare time with him (i have 2 children) i told him i was going on a night out, his mood quickly changed, he basically tried making me feel like shit.. told me if i went out he would go out(even tho he doesnt like goin to pubs) and that i basically better have sex with him or he might end up taking someone else home that night !!! that messed me up i knew deep down inside he was only doing this to stop me from going because i thought he was so insecure/paranoid he thought he might lose me, i did go out with friends but i didnt have a very good time and the moods and silent treatment made the night out seem not worth the hassle so every weekend/month i would decline invitations to go out thinking its not worth the argument, after a year i wanted to go out, i was getting down staying at home had stopped seeing friends as i felt like i had nothing to talk about with them anymore, we ended up arguing he was so so nasty to me, using stuff from my past wich i had confided in him with to hurt me and put me down so much that i couldnt bare to leave the house nevermind go on a night out !!i loved him so much i convinvced myself i didnt need to go out didnt need my friends i just needed him.. wen things are good they are good but if i dare say im unhappy with something all hell brakes loose and the nasty hurtfull insults just come pouring out his mouth!! its like he needs me to feel down and depressed to stop me from ending things, 3 weeks ago i finally had enough, he didnt take it too well went from insulting me to threatening to set fire to my car to killing himself!! i tried to stay strong and kept tellin him i couldnt be in this relationship no more explained how much his nasty words had damaged me, 3 weeks i lasted then i gave in to his sorrys, but literally 24 hours later after being sooo sorry for how hes been he starts again cause i dared to moan about his puppy weeing on the floor he lost it called me all these nasty words and left.. how can i find the strength to get over this, i love him so much but i cant spend the rest of my life feeling so low

This man is a manipulative jerk. Yes you may have loved him but he has isolated you & verbally abused you. That's no way to go through life. Stay strong & walk away before he does actually burn down your car.

He is an insecure douche. Leave him.

Read these links. It will help you.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/domestic_violence_abuse_types_signs_causes_effects .htm

(be sure to visit the full site ^^^)

http://www.womenslaw.org/simple.php?sitemap_id=38

If you live together then get the **** away from him and stay away. If you can't do it for yourself then do it for your children... they don't need to be seeing you accept that kind of abuse from a anyone, never mind someone who is suppose to love you... what do you think that is teaching them about what is and isn't acceptable for them to allow in their own lives when they are old enough to date? to stay with this man is you abusing your own children. Don't do it.

Call one of the hotlines in the links I have given you and get the help you need to get away and keep away from him and his abuse.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

This guy is disgusting. He doesn't love you - when you love someone, you never want to put them down or see them miserable. Quite the opposite. What he wants is to control you and it's easier to control someone who is depressed and insecure than it is to control someone happy and confident. By killing your social life and relationship with your friends, you're alone - and this makes you more likely to stay. By killing your self-esteem, you're less likely to think you deserve better. It's all a tactic on his behalf.

I think you'll really regret things if you stay. Might be hard for a while but so worth it in the end. You need to find your confidence somehow and leave without looking back, no matter how much he begs.

Quote Originally Posted by unhappy_bunny View Post
    i love him so much but i cant spend the rest of my life feeling so low
    He's treating you like crap and you love him. Jeez, your self esteem must be really low. Don't you think you deserve any better?