+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ive fallen for a guy I know I shouldn't have

Ive fallen for a guy I know I shouldn't have

Ok here goes: I know this guy. I've known him since we were kids. He's my best friend's nephew but only 3 years younger.
    I hadnt seen him in almpst 7 years. He's lived in Hawaii and I was in San Diego. Yes the weather is awesome there. We recently caught up back in May. He's a really attractive guy. Pretty much everything I like in a man. He was with a girlfriend and had broken up. I was single but didn't want to be with someone who had just broken up. So I let it go.
    Ff to now and my dilemna: around September he started dating another girl. I was heartbroken cause I felt like I missed out on my chance. He's a good friend and would ask me for advice about her. (At this time he didn't know my feeling for him. He does now tho) She has a couple of problems. When they started dating, she had just broken up with her fiancee. Im assuming for my friend. Not a week into the breakup my friend and her were official. She and her fiancee were in a long distance relationship and she cheated and he broke it off. Shes leaving for Hawaii in February. They're both in the military and shes changing bases. She wants another ldr. Shes also got terrible endometriosis. Thats not a problem since women have all kinds of problems but they can't even have sex without her ending up in the hospital over it. They tried it 2x since September and both times shes gone to the hospital. They no longer have any real sex and its killing him.
    Last month he tells me how gorgeous and pretty I am and how he'd like to be with me and what he'd do with me. He told me he's always liked me but the timing was always wrong. I felt like i didn't want to miss another chance.We've exchanged a number of naughty messages, calls and pictures. Im not terribly proud of myself about it but I like him and he's got a number of problems with her he's gotta deal with. He was at a month-long training mission and returned the other day. We haven't spoken to each other, other than a quick facebook message saying welcome home and thanks. I'm not going to message him as much as I'd like to. But eventually he will message me. I don't want to be the other girl and he needs to get his problems under control. I just need someone to tell me wth do I do? He's on my mind all the time. Other guys don't look as attractive as him or even measure up to him. Omg I'm a mess. Help me!

Well this looks like banal "my wife is such a bich, Its so hard I suffer so much" and then girl starts to feel sorry for a guy and sleeps with him.

One thing - how can she cheat if she cant have sex? And if hes still with her or what? As I understood she cheated on him so who does he chooses?

Also if guy would have the same feelings for you he would message you more. Also you wrote topic mostly about him with very little you in it. I think you should love yourslef more.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

She fell for my friend emotionally at first. They work together at the same military base. From what I've understood she started liking him and started giving him bj's and doing sexual things without intercourse. She dumped her fiancee for my friend. She came clean to her fiancee about it and told him it was over. Then a week later she was official with my friend. Btw I love myself plenty. Falling for the wrong guy doesn't have anything to do with how much I love myself. I guess its a case of bad timing once again. Oh and he's texted me after i wrote this which adds to my confusion. I can't really avoid him either since we're both friends with the same people. Im prolly going to have to tell him to back off at least till he's single again.

Because I respect myself, I would wait until he is single. You have already cheated with him by sexting and sending inappropriate pictures. U need to tell this weak asshole to break up with his gf and quick stringing everybody along

People who respect themself dont do LDR but politely break up.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Ive fallen for a guy I know I shouldn't have
    That's just so much bullshit. There is such a thing as freewill you know - where you decide what you do and don't do.