+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A woman's view if possible :)

A woman's view if possible :)

Hi All

I am new to the site and would like to know a woman's view if possible.

I had been in a relationship with what i could call as the perfect woman

Basically we got on like a house on fire, shared same interest's etc

On Monday she said she wanted some space and she was not sure if she is ready to be with someone and is scared of commitment.

She has been single for three years after splitting with her ex husband who she had no feelings for (so i know this is not the reason) since then her family had contacted me as we get on really well and they have said she has a commitment phoebe.

I had spoke didn't speak to here Tuesday but i did message her on weds this week just basically penning my thoughts of her on to paper ( i have attached what i wrote to her)

Since then i have not spoke to her nore has she spoken to me.

I am wanting to know what i should do, i appreciate she needs space and so do i

Should i start dating again? i have deleted her number so i wont contact her but im also still friends with her,her sister and best friend on facebook, should i still leave this as it is or just remove them (by doing this i dont want them falling out with me.

Im very unsure what to do

Many Thanks letter.pdf

You should respect her decision and give her space. I don't think she's blowing you off, but she just got out of a marriage and it's understandable that she wants her space. More likely, she was having fun with you until she noticed you getting attached to her which isn't what she is looking for now. You should respect that she wants to find herself and get herself together now that she's fresh out of relationship and prior to getting seriously involved with you. Respect that she's not leading you on. You can speak to her every now and then but I don't think you should send that letter. Go out with other people, have a life and if she is ready, she may come back to you and if your available, then you can go from there.

She asked for you to give her space. Then give it to her and don't bother with her anymore. If she comes back to you in the future, then do what backup would do and use her for sex until you find someone who wouldn't want to ever take a chance of losing you by wanting space from you. (kidding about the sex part)

She's a nut. She stayed how many years with a man she never loved? Something wrong with that picture. People who are afraid of commitment don't stay in shitty relationships.

Delete her and her family from facebook so that you can keep from creeping them. They are her family... they are not your friends. Staying in contact with them will only stagnate you from finding someone good because when you're still emotionally connected to her, you won't see the inner beauty in anyone new.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Many Thanks for your replies.

I knows thats what i should do but obviously its very hard but i need to adopt the attitude of what you described really, her lose will be someone else's gain

How much time and space did she request or was it a no amount stated kind of I need space? 2 weeks no contact seems alright to me, and then send a how are you doing, hope all is okay, should be close to Christmas by then so can wish her and her family Merry Christmas if no reply off that, then move on. Definitely don't call or text before that time. Imo needs space isn't a good thing, is like saying I did like you but want to see if not having you around means anything to me.

she did get back to me saying that she had made mistake
    But in all fairness i just was honest and told her i wasnt interested any more

Quote Originally Posted by rollie02 View Post
    she did get back to me saying that she had made mistake
    But in all fairness i just was honest and told her i wasnt interested any more
    Fking A... about time someone actually told someone who wanted "space" or a "break" to take the break and keep it forever.
    You are a good man who looks out for his own best interests. A man who knows his own value and had enough confidence to know that there is a better woman out there for him, one that doesn't let woman who don't know what they want hoover him back in.

You sir, are a winner.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yep, she's a what you call a 'wave rider'. She'll ride any wave she can find until she finds another. She has all the resolve of warm jello. She doesn't know what she wants, because she's looking for the next best wave to ride.

WAISTE. OF. TIME.

Wooo finally a healthy dumpee on loveforum. Man I applaud you! Serious RESPECT! Good for you. Dont waste any more time on her. Find a woman who is ready for commitment. Best of luck to you!!
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".